Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Blokarts

Australian Blokart Open 2009

Created by trumpy > 9 months ago, 14 Oct 2008
trumpy
QLD, 27 posts
14 Oct 2008 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

To All blokarters

We have set the dates for the Australian Blokart Open, it is to be held on the 6th / 7th & 8th March 2009
The event is to be held on Farnsborough Beach infront of Rydges Capracorn Resort in Yeppoon, accomodation at the Resort will be discounted for blokarters and can be booked through the Resorts website www.rydgescapricornresort.com.au

We will have more info posted on our website www.blokart.com.au in the near future.

Cheers
Phil

THEBIGC
28 posts
14 Oct 2008 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent work there Trumpy!
Hope your not trying to blow up the BLOKART tyres too hard?

[8D

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
14 Oct 2008 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

How much is the entry fee, so I can factor it all in,when wifey lines up my flights

Kody
QLD, 190 posts
14 Oct 2008 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Paul,
dont forget to bring the extra sand yacht with you as promised. I will have all the shiny lead balls ready soon and I have organised a property we can go to and get rid of them. The property is on the Rockhampton/Yeppoon road and you will pass it on your way to Yeppoon/Rydges. I also have all the black powder ready and when you arrive up here we can have some real fun. You will also meet Kody and Cindy. Dont forget your video camera!

Joe n' Kody

sn
WA, 2775 posts
14 Oct 2008 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Kody- I always wanted to try chucking bowling balls with black powder- instead of little bits of lead- does big brother allow that sort of fun over your side?

Biggest we have had at our range is .375 rifles, .75 muskets, and the usual milspec boomers.
I had the official ok from mr plod to make a scaled down 25 pounder- as long as it wasnt throwing anything bigger than 12 gauge! but mr plod lost a couple of grand of mine in the last "buyback" which ruined my plans...

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
14 Oct 2008 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Havent forgotten Kody, all things are possible,[}:)] ets see how the world turns in the next few months.
Apologies to the blokarters for hijacking the thread. I am definitely interested ,as the trip to Patagonia gave me a pudding load of frequent flyer points which I dont want PROMOGIRL to borrow.
im sure with a bit of physiotherapy I could sqeeze into a little darlek

Kody
QLD, 190 posts
14 Oct 2008 11:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Sn
My cannon fires a ball 0.690" dia. It is wonderful to hear its "music" when it's fired. There are photos of it in a previous post on this site. If you do a search you should find it easily. A mate of mine here in Yeppoon has a 1/2 scale field cannon with a 2" bore. It burns lots of black gold when it talks.
I almost lost my "baby" to Mr Plod but I did get it back after many weeks of arguing with them. It is now registered with my own serial number and it will stay in the family as an heirloom. My "baby" is a 1/6th exact scale replica of the 12 pound cannon from the upper gun deck of Nelsons flagship "Victory". I made every part of it.

Kody

Rocket Ship
23 posts
15 Oct 2008 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Landyatch,
Great if you could come over to Yepoon in March, the little Darleks crew will make you feel part of the event,
Que 5, may even put a few beers on each day buy the pool when the sailing is finished. HA HA

But be rest assured, Blokarts dont take their bat, ball & sooking off home halfway through an event, like the ALSA crew did at easter 08.

RS

trumpy
QLD, 27 posts
15 Oct 2008 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Landyacht

To be honest we haven't finalized the cost of the entry fee as yet, as said we will have all that sort of info along with race schedules etc posted on our website as soon as possible, my previous posting was purely to let people know of the intended event.
All i can say at this stage is that we invisage the cost to be around the same figure as last years Open which was $70.00 per registration, this amount included 3 days racing, insurance cover per sailor for the 3 days and a buffer dinner put on by the Resort at our function on the Saturday night, (which i'm sure all will agree, was an excellent meal and a great night)

Hopefully we will see you there.

Cheers
Phil

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
15 Oct 2008 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

better put me down as entrant No 1 , just in case.
i was first in the door for Argentina so why not Aus

splitpin
104 posts
15 Oct 2008 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

landyacht said...

better put me down as entrant No 1 , just in case.
i was first in the door for Argentina so why not Aus
Whats this landyacht sailing a blokart ?????? what next

THEBIGC
28 posts
15 Oct 2008 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Might show a few blokes how to make them go really fast.

splitpin
104 posts
15 Oct 2008 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

THEBIGC said...

Might show a few blokes how to make them go really fast.

might not too

THEBIGC
28 posts
15 Oct 2008 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

thats a good point too.

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
15 Oct 2008 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

All good opinions people,but with little substance.
Now there are 600 blowies getting around the countryside it shouldnt be too hard to round up a complete set of bits from a kerbside pick up Day. PROMO is sorting out the big flying bitswith Qantas then its just a case of remembering how to tie my shoelaces and not losing my name tag.

Maybe you could use me as an advertizing attraction.
HEY YOU!!!!! COME AND RACE THE LANDYACHTER. HES BEEN EVERY WHERE, BUT THIS MARCH HE"S GOING TO BE IN YEPPOON [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

splitpin
104 posts
15 Oct 2008 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

landyacht said...

All good opinions people,but with little substance.
Now there are 600 blowies getting around the countryside it shouldnt be too hard to round up a complete set of bits from a kerbside pick up Day. PROMO is sorting out the big flying bitswith Qantas then its just a case of remembering how to tie my shoelaces and not losing my name tag.

Maybe you could use me as an advertizing attraction.
HEY YOU!!!!! COME AND RACE THE LANDYACHTER. HES BEEN EVERY WHERE, BUT THIS MARCH HE"S GOING TO BE IN YEPPOON [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

talk about blowing his own trumpet

Rocket Ship
23 posts
16 Oct 2008 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

HA Trumpy,

70 bucks or there abouts, is great value!

Does that include the beers by the pool that Que 5 is suppling?

Regards

RS

Promo girl
259 posts
16 Oct 2008 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

Watch out boys. I have booked his flights (cleaned out all *our* FF points from South America) so Paul is definately a starter for Yepoon in March 2009.

No wonder he was blowing his own trumpet he has a week free to go sailing without having to help set up my yacht and all the kids yachts too. At least he gets of the computer and puts his money where his mouth is and actually sails

It is going to be a busy year. Eucla Endevour early Jan followed by WA State title over Aus Say weekend with the Sandgropers and now Yeppoon in March.

A few small details to work out like getting hold of a blokart transport food & accomodation getting promised yacht to Joe/Kody How he is going to feed family in New Year....but what the heck he has the plane ticket now so I guess the rest will fall into place in due course.

splitpin
104 posts
16 Oct 2008 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Promo girl said...

Watch out boys. I have booked his flights (cleaned out all *our* FF points from South America) so Paul is definately a starter for Yepoon in March 2009.

No wonder he was blowing his own trumpet he has a week free to go sailing without having to help set up my yacht and all the kids yachts too. At least he gets of the computer and puts his money where his mouth is and actually sails

It is going to be a busy year. Eucla Endevour early Jan followed by WA State title over Aus Say weekend with the Sandgropers and now Yeppoon in March.

A few small details to work out like getting hold of a blokart transport food & accomodation getting promised yacht to Joe/Kody How he is going to feed family in New Year....but what the heck he has the plane ticket now so I guess the rest will fall into place in due course.

what ! he is going to join the blokart ass now ?

Promo girl
259 posts
16 Oct 2008 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

splitpin said...
[what ! he is going to join the blokart ass now ?

lighten up splitpin. It is not a them and us we all sail yachts with 3 wheels and a sail on the land who cares who the organisation is as long as the regatta is fun and well run.

Goodness forbid that some of us crusty old landsailors might actually learn something from the shiny new kids on the block....

ahh but I forgot you do not actually sail landyachts do you

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
16 Oct 2008 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

I warned you splitty , she bites[}:)]

Kody
QLD, 190 posts
16 Oct 2008 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

splitpin said...
[ what ! he is going to join the blokart ass now ?

I dont know who splitpin is refering to, but if Promo girl can bite, he should see what Kody can do when she turns on.

Joe

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
16 Oct 2008 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

start mixing that powder boyo, we might have to run a competition , and see what people are willing to offer for one of my stack of shots

lachlan3556
VIC, 1066 posts
17 Oct 2008 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

I hope Splitpin just misspelt 'class' in that post.

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
17 Oct 2008 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

lachlan3556 said...

I hope Splitpin just misspelt 'class' in that post.
I think he might have meant Assn.
Is there one

splitpin
104 posts
17 Oct 2008 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

landyacht said...

I warned you splitty , she bites[}:)]
well thats your problem

Promo girl
259 posts
17 Oct 2008 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

cisco said...

If you are looking for a blokart, I know of two or three in Bundaberg that aren't getting any use. When I sold them as secondhanders they were in very good condition but only had 3m sail and rig. If interested private mail me and I will make enquiries. I am sure they could be bought for the right price.

Cheers Cisco

Thanks Cisco...however a rental yacht is the preferred option if possible? We own too many yachts. Now I know most of you will say that you can never own too many yachts but when the shed is bigger than the house and the trailer has more landyachts than passengers in the car (even with our big tribe) that is definately when I say "no more yachts until we get an extension"

cheers Susan

trumpy
QLD, 27 posts
23 Oct 2008 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Promo Girl

If you guys are serious about coming over to the Aus blokart Open, i'm sure we will be able to help you out with a loan blokart for the event.
Feel free to email me direct if decide to take up the offer.

Cheers
Phil

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
23 Oct 2008 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

PROMO isnt coming, But I can confirm that Im a definite. Ive organized just about everything except the brand of ice for the beer. Hve a blinged out blowie all lined up . thanks for the offer tho
Ok folks , who else is going or is it just me[}:)]

the doctor
NSW, 18 posts
23 Oct 2008 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Let me be second to sign on. After the last event I can't wait!!!.
the doctor

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
23 Oct 2008 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

two's a race , need three for a reggata

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Blokarts

"Australian Blokart Open 2009" started by trumpy