Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

10 ft of pure fun - Infinity SUP New Deal 10'0 x 29" (Video)

Created by Supnorte > 9 months ago, 23 Jan 2019
Supnorte
262 posts
23 Jan 2019 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

Disclaimer: I'm the Portuguese distributor for Infinity (and other great SUP brands, like SIC and Black Project...)
I've recently had the chance to get my hands on a Infinity SUP New Deal 10'0 x 29" (139 L) and totally loved it. So much fun!
I had already tried this board before but only in a short session and not so fun waves. This times I did a couple of sessions in small but perfect conditions (it was a great week in Portugal, too bad supthecreek had an ankle injury).

The New Deal is the perfect example of a performance SUP Longboard (available in different sizes, widths, and volumes), and of course it surfs very differently from the common all-rounder or even intermediate level SUP. That's doesn't mean that in it's wider widhts and bigger volumes, this isn't a great board for someone trying to progress their abilities, since it's much easier to control, trim, manouver than a regular SUP.

My day to day board is the Infinity B-Line 7'11 x 27" (85 L) and I'm 1,80 m and about 73 kg (I'm guessing...) and I surfed that exact spot on the days before with the B-Line. Trying to compare a bit, I can say that the New Deal is easier to control on bottom-turns and carves than the B-Line (I think the wing bat tail plays in in this case) and I can do the same type of turns I was doing on the B-Line but less aggressive, and as with the B-Line, the board doesn't lose speed on turns even in small waves. With it's refined and thin rails and lightweight (I think the weight is a key factor in manouvering a big board) the New Deal is shredding machine. I also tried a few more classic longboard moves (walking around on the board, dropknee, etc), but I'm not a longboarder so I didn't do any real hang fives but I want to get there!

Hope you enjoyed the video!

cbigsup
454 posts
24 Jan 2019 1:02AM
Thumbs Up

If you want to olde skuhle log it. A beeg fin all the way back in the box works a treat!

I love my 9'6" New Deal! Changed up the fins just for fun.

Supnorte
262 posts
24 Jan 2019 3:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cbigsup said..
If you want to olde skuhle log it. A beeg fin all the way back in the box works a treat!

I love my 9'6" New Deal! Changed up the fins just for fun.

Should be fun!

MangoDingo
NT, 891 posts
24 Jan 2019 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Another great vid Supnorte!
great flowing carves and nice trimming on good fun, clean waves - and all put to a cruisy, funky acoustic jam. Sweet!

(Keep that up and you'll be giving Freddy Morais a run on the CT tour!)

Another Portuguese mid-week ripper - makes the working week that much easier for us Ozoids!!!

Cheers bro!!!

Supnorte
262 posts
24 Jan 2019 6:59AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks, MangoDingo!

dk78
141 posts
24 Jan 2019 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice!

cbigsup
454 posts
10 Mar 2019 1:33AM
Thumbs Up

Pic of New Deal 9'6". A little chilly though!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"10 ft of pure fun - Infinity SUP New Deal 10'0 x 29" (Video)" started by Supnorte