Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2011 Simon Anderson 9'6 Fibre Flex

Created by loco4olas > 9 months ago, 9 Aug 2010
loco4olas
NSW, 1511 posts
9 Aug 2010 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Check this out for progressive SUP construction:

906 hand shaped by Simon Anderson - done in Hayden's factory in Mona Vale.

Currently being ridden by Tommy Carroll - see if the Walk ON Water guys'll get that back!!

Disc: the WOW guys are mates of mine.

CMC
QLD, 3954 posts
9 Aug 2010 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Now it's getting interesting!

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
9 Aug 2010 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Matt, what happened to the topic on this posted earlier today, looks like it got deleted??

Nice looking board, so what's the construction?

Didn't the earlier post say it was 135 litres. TC would only need about 105 I would have thought.

boarder paul
1952 posts
9 Aug 2010 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Its under board review

loco4olas
NSW, 1511 posts
9 Aug 2010 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

goatman said...

Matt, what happened to the topic on this posted earlier today, looks like it got deleted??

Nice looking board, so what's the construction?

Didn't the earlier post say it was 135 litres. TC would only need about 105 I would have thought.

Dunno-I'm just pimping it in the hope I get one on the cheap

Tom's just having a ride-not made for him-despite what he might think

boarder paul
1952 posts
9 Aug 2010 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

I like it, but if i had a choice and could get away with it i would have 9x30x4

I have had thoughts of a custom DC but no reply and from memory i think they are built rather light, a little light for long term use for what i want i guess

surfydad
QLD, 166 posts
9 Aug 2010 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Being a custom you can have them built any weight you want.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Aug 2010 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

boarder paul said...

I like it, but if i had a choice and could get away with it i would have 9x30x4

I have had thoughts of a custom DC but no reply and from memory i think they are built rather light, a little light for long term use for what i want i guess

you can get as heavy as you like, but most that wont a custom like um lite
from memory, at that stage you were having your psh episode. i don't think anybody really wonted to know about it
cheers
ps back to simon a

boarder paul
1952 posts
9 Aug 2010 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Fair enough bad idea

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Aug 2010 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

boarder paul said...

Fair enough bad idea

paul, seeing as you are going to be up and about our way, check out laguna bay and dc and while we are at it the anderson and low 9' psh's- simons board are really looking promising for the mid 9's and over if you like the production boards better
cheers

hilly
WA, 7204 posts
9 Aug 2010 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Walk on water are doing some awesome boards. Really liked the look of Simon's 11 x 30,it will be out in production soon.

With a bit of luck my knee will work then

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
9 Aug 2010 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

Finally - somebody's doing a high quality EPS/Epoxy construction on a SUP.

I spoke to the guys at Firewire a while ago and they have no interest in pursuing the SUP market. Hayden's FibreFlex technology is awesome and produces as good an end product as a Firewire. Good on Simon and Hayden for getting the ball rolling on this.

cRAZY Canuk
NSW, 2528 posts
9 Aug 2010 11:20PM
Thumbs Up

loco4olas said...

It looks good - but I fail to see the progression, oh wait there's carbon on the rail, yawn.

SupCulture
NSW, 33 posts
10 Aug 2010 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

cRAZY Canuk said...

loco4olas said...

It looks good - but I fail to see the progression, oh wait there's carbon on the rail, yawn.

The FF technology is an Australian Innovation, has been well accepted in the short board world and is now being exported to USA and Europe. Stand Up Surfboard design is also progressing very quickly and after discussing the merits of FF with Hayden we concluded it would suit our higher performance SUP's. We chose to use the 906 RDP model as a tester, mainly because the EPS version surfs really well and it gives us a solid basis from which to compare the FF.

The one in the photo's is the first board we have produced this way. If it's a dog it might be the only one. .

Anyway - If you want a bit more info on the merits of FF, check out Haydens website (link below).

http://www.haydenshapes.com/page_var133

lookielookie
QLD, 347 posts
10 Aug 2010 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

hilly said...

Walk on water are doing some awesome boards. Really liked the look of Simon's 11 x 30,it will be out in production soon.

That 11' was the most verstile allrounder i have ever ridden. hopefully ill get to play on it again another day.
That FF looks insane. Im on a Luke short LSD 9'6 at the moment. Very similar outline to that simon and it's a great blend of long and short board elements to it. Hope TC doesnt hog it and it goes around the traps for Demos!!

Eastcoast SUP
NSW, 333 posts
10 Aug 2010 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

There will be a limited edition production run of Simon's 11' x 30" gun (shown above) coming in soon. Same shape, plan, and specs but in a pvc-sandwich construction.

When I say "limited" I mean blink and you may miss 'em

loco4olas
NSW, 1511 posts
10 Aug 2010 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

lookielookie said...

hilly said...

That 11' was the most verstile allrounder i have ever ridden. hopefully ill get to play on it again another day.
That FF looks insane. Im on a Luke short LSD 9'6 at the moment. Very similar outline to that simon and it's a great blend of long and short board elements to it. Hope TC doesnt hog it and it goes around the traps for Demos!!

I didn't ride that board-BUT everyone that did said it was an amazing board-had a great live feel to it and was SUPER responsive for such a large board.

I'd love an 804 FFlex board-in a blown up short board plan shape and rocker line/foil.

Gott'a start saving the cents-or maybe just work harder and play lesssssss!

SupCulture
NSW, 33 posts
10 Aug 2010 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Casso said...

Finally - somebody's doing a high quality EPS/Epoxy construction on a SUP.

I spoke to the guys at Firewire a while ago and they have no interest in pursuing the SUP market. Hayden's FibreFlex technology is awesome and produces as good an end product as a Firewire. Good on Simon and Hayden for getting the ball rolling on this.

Casso, if we ever get it back off TC, your welcome to take for a test drive, but there is a queue

loco4olas
NSW, 1511 posts
10 Aug 2010 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

cRAZY Canuk said...

loco4olas said...

Just shows you lack of understanding (no offence intended) of the construction and the benefits and how far away this type of construction is from the usual production methods being employed in the manufacture of SUPS.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
10 Aug 2010 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

loco4olas said...

I'd love an 804 FFlex board-in a blown up short board plan shape and rocker line/foil.

Order two of those - I'll take one for sure.

wh2o
NSW, 1 posts
10 Aug 2010 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

awesome, looks terrific. Just ordered a 9' x 32" Simon Anderson custom cant wait.

Eastcoast SUP
NSW, 333 posts
10 Aug 2010 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

wh2o said...

awesome, looks terrific. Just ordered a 9' x 32" Simon Anderson custom cant wait.

hey mate enjoy ! guaranteed you are stoked in about 4 weeks time.. m/(--)m/

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2011 Simon Anderson 9'6 Fibre Flex" started by loco4olas