Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2014 14' BIC WSD Custom Race Board

Created by robg1703 > 9 months ago, 3 Dec 2014
robg1703
NSW, 201 posts
3 Dec 2014 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Just unpacked my new 14' x 26" BIC WSD Carbon Race-Tec & am i stoked with it :) Website says 10.5kg but it comes in at 9.5 with the fin it. It's beautifully finished & was custom made by Patrice Remoiville in France unlike nearly every other board that comes out of China or Thailand.

Since unwrapping it 4 days ago I've managed to try it in a wide variety of conditions including a howling headwind in the lake, fun runners off Terrigal Haven, 3-4' Boxhead for 2 hours with just a mate and 300m rides (see video) & a 10km downwinder which was more of grind than a downwinder. So far the board has felt amazing in all conditions! Stable but fast & surfs really really well.

The World Series 12’6 & 14’0 boards are exact replicas of the boards used by Eric Terrien & Chase Kosterlitz for Beach Races, open ocean racing and downwinders. They are perfect for use when conditions get rough and require a board for use on any water surface that is not flat, and requires a board that has a unique balance of speed, acceleration and stability. They are exceptionally fast for catching any small bump or swell when charging down wind.

Shaped by Patrice Remoiville and based on feedback from our International riders Eric Terrien & Chase Kosterliz, these boards are characterized by a relatively wide outline from the nose right through to the tail, and a large flat section on the hull of the board. An aluminum based gel coat on the hull makes the board very slippery through the water, and a water resistant varnish on the deck keeps the deck as dry as possible, further increasing speed.

All boards are made in France in BIC Sport’s custom production facility, guaranteeing a weight close to the spec + a controlled shape.
Attention: For Advanced and Expert paddlers! Lightweight boards in exotic materials require expert care and attention both on and off the water.

Just in time for the 20 Beaches :)

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
3 Dec 2014 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be keen to see it at the 20 beaches Rob. Love shiney new toys!!

SurfNiels
182 posts
3 Dec 2014 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board!
I tried the "old" 14X25(?) race pro and found the finish and weight great but I also found the board very tippy.
Looking forward to the video

robg1703
NSW, 201 posts
4 Dec 2014 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kieranr said..
I'll be keen to see it at the 20 beaches Rob. Love shiney new toys!!

Hope the conditions are favourable :)

robg1703
NSW, 201 posts
4 Dec 2014 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SurfNiels said..
Great looking board!
I tried the "old" 14X25(?) race pro and found the finish and weight great but I also found the board very tippy.
Looking forward to the video

I have the 12'6 x 25 Race-tec pro and it's very rolly. this is completely different. I've had Starboard Ace both 23.5 & 25" wide models, DC 14 x 26 & paddled the fanatic Falcon at last years 20 beaches and this feels as good if not better than all of them. The only thing is you can't beat the falcon for all-round value but at least the WSD will stand out at races :)

SUPingCaveman
NSW, 111 posts
4 Dec 2014 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Looks very nice

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2014 14' BIC WSD Custom Race Board" started by robg1703