Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2014 Naish Glide vs Javelin 14' rocker line?

Created by sup46 > 9 months ago, 20 Jan 2014
sup46
WA, 40 posts
20 Jan 2014 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

does anyone know if the 2014 14ft Glide and Javelin rocker is the same, or not?

DavidJohn
VIC, 17417 posts
20 Jan 2014 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

They are not the same.. Very different.

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
20 Jan 2014 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

You're asking the right person thats for sure.

ET.

PeterP
817 posts
20 Jan 2014 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

The Doctor seemed to have suited the flatter rockered boards Ace, Falcon and therefore the Javelin should go pretty well too. The Javelin is somewhat flatter than the Glide, but it is also much narrower 26" and has rounded rails throughout which makes it a very slippery (fast) shape (at the expense of stability).

In our conditions shortish steepish windswell the Javelin battles a bit and maybe that is why we also don't see many Falcons and no Ace's......

sup46
WA, 40 posts
20 Jan 2014 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

yes, very happy with my Glide (GS) but always looking at progression. i saw a few Javelins (pre-2014 it seems, from the noses) that did the Doctor. i was wondering if getting on runners easier with a faster board would be a good thing over a distance. the tradeoff would be dealing with the technique to stay on them, made easier because we have many days where breeze is below 18kt. my Glide comes alive above 18kt. 10 sec glides with minimal paddles. if the rocker was the same the Jav would be exactly what i would buy next to make those low breeze days more fun, but it seems it isnt that simple.

PeterP
817 posts
20 Jan 2014 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sup46 said..

yes, very happy with my Glide (GS) but always looking at progression. i saw a few Javelins (pre-2014 it seems, from the noses) that did the Doctor. i was wondering if getting on runners easier with a faster board would be a good thing over a distance. the tradeoff would be dealing with the technique to stay on them, made easier because we have many days where breeze is below 18kt. my Glide comes alive above 18kt. 10 sec glides with minimal paddles. if the rocker was the same the Jav would be exactly what i would buy next to make those low breeze days more fun, but it seems it isnt that simple.

The LE x26 is that board - it does low wind and highwind downwinders equally well and stability falls in between Glide and Javelin....it gets on runners with minimal effort and railroads over bumps like a champion...

sup46
WA, 40 posts
20 Jan 2014 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

hey thanks - you've got me thinking now. one word - "demo"! They could well have been LE's in the Doctor.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2014 Naish Glide vs Javelin 14' rocker line?" started by sup46