Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2015 Coreban Platinum+

Created by DaHammerBDA > 9 months ago, 16 Feb 2015
DaHammerBDA
21 posts
16 Feb 2015 4:54AM
Thumbs Up

Anybody had a chance to get on one of these? I really like the spec's of the 9' x 32" x 145L. The board seems to be well built, with a nice rail shape and bottom contour. Not sure about the rocker, I would be grateful for any feedback.

LordKuz
NSW, 260 posts
16 Feb 2015 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Cannot go wrong with Coreban boards. I have had a few sessions with borrowed boards - a few on a Platinum (not the plus), in 8'5" . They are especially light in the brushed carbon - as well as being sturdy. You are right about the rail shape... unlike a lot of similar makes.. they are not "bulbous" nor "fat", to compensate for lack of volume through the rest of the board. Not in the market for another board atm, but certainly these would be high on my "next board" list.Not sure why the previous reply was removed - seemed pretty helpful?

Jeroensurf
379 posts
16 Feb 2015 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

I tried there 8.6+ last month at Capetown and its a lovely board that surfs very well.
Construction and finnish of the carbon I tried looks and feels very similar to my carbon Starboard pro8.5 and AB8.8 , only dowtrade for me was that it got Future boxxes while I got a lot of FCS fins, but if I haven,t bought these babys before I left to capetown I would be very tempted to get a Coreban because the look gorgeous.Of course The 8.6+ is not as nimble as my Starby pro8.5 (wich is closer to the normal Platinum8.5) , but it is more stable and felt a bit like a cross between my Airborne8.8 and my former WP8.2 and behaves for me really nice on a wave, nothing to fault about that. Again, a really good and lovely board for the +/- hour I tried it (that was till my pall was tired of falling of and climbing back on my 8.5 Pro :lol: ).
note:
Its nice to see that they go unlike some other brands for a wel visible double concave in V bottom and it works as well as the monoconcave that seems to be hot right now. Made me wonder how much influence the finetuning bottom contour really has right now for 188x90kg 40y old not too supple supers.

riverider
TAS, 915 posts
16 Feb 2015 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Is the 8'5 & 8'10" any relation to the old nitro and lithium ?

Seajuice
NSW, 362 posts
17 Feb 2015 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice. But I am having trouble looking for a rough price on the Platinum range. Looking for one at around the 8ft Long at around 100 to 115 litres for my weight at 80kgs plus or minus 2kg.
I know I can make a phone call but like most of us would like to get a best price scanning the net. Haven't found any on this site yet. Maybe I am going blind! Lol!

Seajuice
NSW, 362 posts
17 Feb 2015 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Thank You very much for your quick reply & prices Jappy. Much appreciated.
I know the Corebans are an excellent product. My mate has an older Coreban Rocket that is still going strong & in excellent condition. It was second hand when bought over 3 years ago.
Love the look of the Platinums. Great rocker/nose lift too for those steep or critical drops.

Seajuice
NSW, 362 posts
17 Feb 2015 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Oh, Jappy. Just realised that my mate is happy with your service. He also bought the Hyper from you plus fins. I have been surfing with him since he got it. At 86 kgs he stays standing in nearly the worst chop. Surfs great on it to with a 5 fin set up. Love the rocker on the Hyper for when he gets on those really sucky hollow waves. I haven't surfed it only had a paddle on it on the flat. Not bad stability for a 7 footer.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2015 Coreban Platinum+" started by DaHammerBDA