Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2017 Maliko transporting

Created by MrOrange > 9 months ago, 31 Jul 2017
MrOrange
31 posts
31 Jul 2017 2:58AM
Thumbs Up

Hi, has anyone had issues with transporting the 2017 maliko on a car roof rack. Only because it comes with a warning about excessive pressure on the board. I don't want to damage it or see it in my rear mirror

Carvers
132 posts
31 Jul 2017 3:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MrOrange said..
Hi, has anyone had issues with transporting the 2017 maliko on a car roof rack. Only because it comes with a warning about excessive pressure on the board. I don't want to damage it or see it in my rear mirror

Don't overtighten the straps otherwise you get the 'straps' in your board. I use a lockrack for my Javelin 2017 which is even softer than the Maliko, so no straps.
Or use extra softener under the straps.

MrOrange
31 posts
31 Jul 2017 5:28AM
Thumbs Up

Even softer nightmare was thinking of a board bag just for transportation???

Carbs79
NSW, 67 posts
31 Jul 2017 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

The decks and rails are pretty strong but the bottom on them is soft as.
Mine has depressions in bottom and a light crease from I don't know what.
I am always careful with mine, it lives in a board bag and always use foam or noodles when on roof racks/ board rack but it looks very average on the bottom.
Very poor construction for the weight IMO, I've had lighter boards that where much more durable or boards just slightly heavier that were tough as nails.
Shame because it is a very nice board otherwise.

Jradedmondo
NSW, 633 posts
31 Jul 2017 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

i normally just use foam mounts when transporting my ocean skis, never had a problem with my sups, but if yours are a little on the fragile side, just get some foam, depending on what racks you have on your car you might be able to use a pool noodle

Jarryd

MrOrange
31 posts
31 Jul 2017 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Some sound advice thanks yes I have a slight crease too, no idea how might just be heavy handed when strapping down on roof rack.
Naish will probably make it stronger next year, typical

Carvers
132 posts
2 Aug 2017 4:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Carbs79 said..
The decks and rails are pretty strong but the bottom on them is soft as.
Mine has depressions in bottom and a light crease from I don't know what.
I am always careful with mine, it lives in a board bag and always use foam or noodles when on roof racks/ board rack but it looks very average on the bottom.
Very poor construction for the weight IMO, I've had lighter boards that where much more durable or boards just slightly heavier that were tough as nails.
Shame because it is a very nice board otherwise.

Have the same experience with my Jav 2017, after a session I can soften the bottom with my tumb. Strange for such quality product.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2017 Maliko transporting" started by MrOrange