NSW, 234 posts
13 Jun 2018 6:27AM
Thumbs Up

The yellow paint tub is finally empty

LucBenac
213 posts
13 Jun 2018 5:26AM
Thumbs Up

JP Australia now makes the boards and Naish provides the stickers :-)

KP.
NSW, 88 posts
14 Jun 2018 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

J-Paish boards coming to a water way near you.

DaveSandan
VIC, 660 posts
14 Jun 2018 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

I liked the yellow and definitely not feeling this colour scheme, put a stick in the end and you have a big Icey Pole, too much like the Smik and Deep colour scheme.

Tardy
2628 posts
14 Jun 2018 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

looks like a paint stirring stick ...bring back the yellow

DaveSandan
VIC, 660 posts
14 Jun 2018 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..
looks like a paint stirring stick ...bring back the yellow

Yep!!!

Special one
30 posts
15 Jun 2018 1:46AM
Thumbs Up

Probably JP and Naish joining forces to beat Starboard , and I think the paint shop can't be bothered. Could fanatic join forces too and have one giant task force to beat them

Kym Roberts
SA, 231 posts
15 Jun 2018 6:42AM
Thumbs Up

Not digging it at all

JEG
VIC, 929 posts
15 Jun 2018 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

cost cutting.

DavidJohn
VIC, 16041 posts
15 Jun 2018 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

I like it..

JOYRIDER
703 posts
18 Jun 2018 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DavidJohn said..
I like it..

You're a team rider.
You have to like it.

cbigsup
255 posts
26 Jun 2018 5:18AM
Thumbs Up

Paint 'em all NASCAR primer grey..

cbigsup
255 posts
26 Jun 2018 5:18AM
Thumbs Up

Paint 'em all NASCAR primer grey..

SatanSup
7 posts
26 Jun 2018 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

just diferent than before... Some of us resist to changes, mainly with the age.....!! I like it too. Mainly I would like to know about the weight... and if the handle properly placed... that?s what really matters, right ? Shape and volume looks about the same

SatanSup
7 posts
26 Jun 2018 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

And that shape and volume works so well with the 2018

Hoppo3228
VIC, 252 posts
26 Jun 2018 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

The 2019 Naish colours i've seen are awful IMO. 2018 colour ways absolutely smash em.

swimarko
43 posts
27 Jun 2018 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Yup... new colors
m.facebook.com/naishbenelux

SatanSup
7 posts
6 Jul 2018 11:22PM
Thumbs Up

It looks like its not quite the same...:

"For 2019 the rocker has been tuned to better engage bumps during downwind runs resulting in faster acceleration and higher top speed.
Additionally, the bevel in the nose has been moved back towards the center of the board for a smooth-gliding shape that offers more volume, greater stability and the chop-eating efficiency needed for changing open-water conditions. "

Does this will do any diference? Does anyone knows if construction /weight is the same as the 2018?

LucBenac
213 posts
7 Jul 2018 2:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SatanSup said..

"For 2019 the rocker has been tuned to better engage bumps during downwind runs resulting in faster acceleration and higher top speed.
Additionally, the bevel in the nose has been moved back towards the center of the board for a smooth-gliding shape that offers more volume, greater stability and the chop-eating efficiency needed for changing open-water conditions. "

Does this will do any diference? Does anyone knows if construction /weight is the same as the 2018?

If you compare with the comments for the 2018:
"For 2018, the rocker has been tuned to better engage bumps during downwind runs resulting in faster acceleration and higher top speed. Additionally, the bevel in the nose has been moved back towards the center of the board for a smooth-gliding shape that offers more volume, greater stability and the chop-eating efficiency needed for changing open-water conditions."
It look like somebody just changed a digit and there might not be anything into the statement at all.

Which might be a good thing. If it ain't broken...don't fix it.

SatanSup
7 posts
7 Jul 2018 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LucBenac said..

SatanSup said..

If you compare with the comments for the 2018:
"For 2018, the rocker has been tuned to better engage bumps during downwind runs resulting in faster acceleration and higher top speed. Additionally, the bevel in the nose has been moved back towards the center of the board for a smooth-gliding shape that offers more volume, greater stability and the chop-eating efficiency needed for changing open-water conditions."
It look like somebody just changed a digit and there might not be anything into the statement at all.

Which might be a good thing. If it ain't broken...don't fix it.

!! Thanks Luc... Maybe they tunned the rocker again, and moved volume back also again!!!! or didn'y care to write new words...
But as u say, thats good news cause the board is great as it is, manly in open ocean as here in Madeira.

NNSUP
NSW, 1238 posts
12 Jul 2018 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Nice tatt Andy. Switzerland looks a little different to where your paddling that board on Narrabeen Lake now.

andy15
NSW, 3 posts
14 Jul 2018 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Guys, do you even know which board you're looking at? This is a 12'6 x 22'5 which did not exist before. It's a different shape than the 14' (and not just cut at the back like others)

And "special one": Would be nice to mention photo credits if you use someones photos...

@NNSUP: quite a temperature difference ;-)

Area10
1369 posts
17 Jul 2018 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Looks interesting to me. 12-6x22.5? Sheesh, that's above my skills pay-grade! How many non-sponsored riders can afford these boards and can also balance them -given that disposable income tends to be distributed towards the more, ahem, "mature" paddler? Or are they basically loss-leading marketing tools now?

Great to see this (already good) design evolving though - and I quite like those colours.

andy15
NSW, 3 posts
18 Jul 2018 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..
Looks interesting to me. 12-6x22.5? Sheesh, that's above my skills pay-grade! How many non-sponsored riders can afford these boards and can also balance them -given that disposable income tends to be distributed towards the more, ahem, "mature" paddler? Or are they basically loss-leading marketing tools now?

Great to see this (already good) design evolving though - and I quite like those colours.

This was a board produced in small series on special request (for the Swiss Championships), you wont find it in the official lineup. It's more targeted towards flatwater then downwind. Even guys like Bernd normally paddle a 24" board on the sea.

LucBenac
213 posts
18 Jul 2018 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

So is there any change to the 14' 2018 Maliko design in 2019? I jumped on a 2018 14x26 last week-end and if I did not have/could not get a Vapor Carbon, this is a board I would purchase right away.

Carvers
128 posts
4 Sep 2018 4:45AM
Thumbs Up

Yes it is. A teamrider told me that the board feels stiffer, lighter and some 'looser' to handle as the 2018 which he had only for 4 months. Telling about the 14x24. Boards arrived a few weeks ago in the netherlands.

Area10
1369 posts
4 Sep 2018 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

What is the Maliko's construction for 2019? It would be a shame if they've abandoned the full PVC sandwich they had (I believe) for 2018, and gone back to a lighter but less durable construction like 2017's board. I'd rather have full PVC sandwich than carbon any day.

DavidJohn
VIC, 16041 posts
4 Sep 2018 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

I've heard it's the same board (as the saying goes.. If it's not broke) but it's a little heavier due to the space ship gloss silver paint. Pretty sure construction is also the same as last year.

I had a good look at one recently and if the shape has changed it's a very small change. I'm very happy with my 2018 Maliko.

Area10
1369 posts
4 Sep 2018 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DavidJohn said..
I've heard it's the same board (as the saying goes.. If it's not broke) but it's a little heavier due to the space ship gloss silver paint. Pretty sure construction is also the same as last year.

I had a good look at one recently and if the shape has changed it's a very small change. I'm very happy with my 2018 Maliko.

Much better to keep it the same than tinker with a great design just as a marketing tool.

Will need to see the board in the flesh to see if the graphics changes are an improvement though. But at least it should make identifying them easy. Does this mean you'll be changing your (Naish yellow) vehicle? :) Or will you stick with the 2018 Maliko?

LucBenac
213 posts
4 Sep 2018 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Much better to keep it the same than tinker with a great design just as a marketing tool.
this mean you'll be changing your (Naish yellow) vehicle? :) Or will you stick with the 2018 Maliko?

Can of paint on the Toyota!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2019 maliko?" started by Special one