Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Anyone tried the new Atlantis Bambam 7'6

Created by EToriginal > 9 months ago, 8 Oct 2015
EToriginal
QLD, 95 posts
8 Oct 2015 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Keen to hear from anyone who's tried the 7'6 bambam (or anything similarly dimensioned)
I have the 7'2 carbon and totally love it - awesome little board, great for clambering down cliffs and over rocks to get to surf!
But when conditions get too messy its a bit of a struggle to stay upright and wondering if the extra 4" length and 18 litres volume makes a big difference (just don't like using my old 9' plus boards anymore)
Especially wondering about the thickness aspect - they're 5.25" thick - is that an issue for wave riding?

TimBurleigh
QLD, 112 posts
8 Oct 2015 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

I seem to be surfing more in the afternoons now and with the Summer trade winds gathering speed I have opted for the 7'6 and it still fits in my car :). I rolled the rails and deck on these so they surf in a similar manner. Most of the volume is through the centre so that you don't get that corky feel. They still throw around well but a lot less work between waves. I also made myself a mini fin that goes in the new centre twin tab box. The attached photos make the conditions look a lot cleaner than they were with a 15 knot North East Sea breeze. Got a demo in both carbon and white econo mode. Still can't get off these boards

EToriginal
QLD, 95 posts
9 Oct 2015 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Thnx Tim, thats the other thing I love about my bambam & vex - just shove them in the back of the Wrangler - no stuffing around with tying down on board racks.
So, you say the new bambam has provision for a centre fin?
I hope to get down around the Goldie sometime soon, so might try a demo then.
ET

boardboy
QLD, 554 posts
28 Oct 2015 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

hi tim,

Im really struggling to decide between the evoke and the bam bam for my small sup!
Im about 90 to 92 kg. Having been supping a 10'+ for a couple of years. Short board surfer for 30 years.
Love surfing my 5'10 diverse quad when waves are decent.
How do I choose between the evoke and the bam bam!
Cheers for any help
Shane

EToriginal
QLD, 95 posts
29 Oct 2015 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

boardboy, I can't comment on the evoke (yet) - I talked my mate into getting one to replace his 10'+ battleship but we've had no surf here yet since it arrived.
I'm keen to give it a try, but at over 9' don't think I will want to get one.
However, I can tell you the bambam is seriously awesome fun. I look like never riding my 9'+ boards again (they are still smothered in dust)
I was over 92kg when I got my 7'2 and dropped to 86kg in 3 weeks. It's a serious workout, but once you get it, it's really like riding a bike.
Amazingly stable - when it gets a bit messy I prefer it over my Vex 8'6. You do need to get decent fins for it though.
ET

boardboy
QLD, 554 posts
29 Oct 2015 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks ET.
That helps heaps.
I think ill commit to the Bam Bam, and heres the kicker, my GF has decided she wants to get into SUP now, so well probably get her the evoke!
WINNING!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Anyone tried the new Atlantis Bambam 7'6" started by EToriginal