Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Anyone tryed a Speeed in 9.2 ?

Created by flowmaster > 9 months ago, 12 Oct 2015
flowmaster
288 posts
12 Oct 2015 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Just wondering,

86 kg, 186 lenght, mosly choppy conditions , want a little more speed and glide as the 8.8 x 32 (Gonna keep the 8.8 )

any info ?

JohnnyMaya
196 posts
13 Oct 2015 4:01AM
Thumbs Up

Nope, but i'm sure that at your size, you'd find all you're looking for (and more) on the 8'5...

flowmaster
288 posts
13 Oct 2015 5:38AM
Thumbs Up

Haha,i knew that was coming,

while everyone is going shorter , I was thinking longer.
Coming back from 7.4 went there done it, it was fun, now the x32 8.8 is my short board and i need some glide, and stable to.
paddle into something bigger with some offshore winds, some distance from shore kinda shape

supthecreek
1688 posts
13 Oct 2015 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Flowmaster..... I have surfed the 8'8 x 32, and a few size Speeeds.
The 8'10 Speeed will not be as stable as the 32LE but will paddle straighter, faster and catches waves easily. It has great performance in all areas.
The 9'5 Speeed is super stable, paddles well and surfs amazingly similar to my 8'10.... with the expected performance trade-offs you experience as you go bigger.
I think that you would be really happy with the ease and exceptional performance of the 9'2 Speeed... I know I would trade my 9'5 for a 9'2 after seeing how stable the 9'5 is.... I am sure the 9'2 would be great for me in winter, at 103 kg.

flowmaster
288 posts
13 Oct 2015 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Supthecreek,

Thanks for the reply and the great looking video's surfing the speeed, that made me thinking off a missing link in my quiver, besides the 8.8 x 32 I stil have the All wave 9.6 as a workhorse for windy winter days.

Seeing your movies, the speeed looked totaly different than the 8.8 wich surfs more shortboard style and want to be worked that way, it was the speed and glide in combination with the carving turns that made me interested.

I allready contacted the Portugese Sunova guys, gonna try to get a 9.2 to Holland

surfinJ
421 posts
13 Oct 2015 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Great, they can drop one off here on the way!

flowmaster
288 posts
16 Oct 2015 1:03AM
Thumbs Up

Have to wait till January for the next container.

smh
NSW, 7133 posts
18 Oct 2015 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Rode an 8'10 Speed the other day. Struggled a bit as I ride a 10'6 Laird. Feels good on a wave though but I'd be getting the 9'2 when the time comes

Pauricdeery
3 posts
20 Oct 2015 4:10AM
Thumbs Up

I've been looking at these shapes aswell but can't find a retailer near me. Anyone got any idea how much they are in euros? I'm in Ireland and there aren't too many different brands over here.

flowmaster
288 posts
20 Oct 2015 5:11AM
Thumbs Up

You can contact the Portugese Sunova Guys, try face book, I'm sure they can help you out

Gafas
25 posts
20 Oct 2015 7:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Pauricdeery said...
I've been looking at these shapes aswell but can't find a retailer near me. Anyone got any idea how much they are in euros? I'm in Ireland and there aren't too many different brands over here.

Sent you a Pm just now.

Cheers, Tiago.

flowmaster
288 posts
21 Oct 2015 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

Good to see your on the forum to, Tiago, didn't know that, that's why I mentioned Face book.
Does Gafas meens the same as in spanish ?

Anyway good service for the european customers, keep it up

Gafas
25 posts
21 Oct 2015 5:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
flowmaster said..
Good to see your on the forum to, Tiago, didn't know that, that's why I mentioned Face book.

No problem, thank you for the reference.

Select to expand quote
Does Gafas meens the same as in spanish ?

Not really, is just a nickname derived from my family name. The Spanish word gafas in Portuguese is óculos.

Select to expand quote
Anyway good service for the european customers, keep it up

Thank you for your words. Hope to have more news for you soon.

flowmaster
288 posts
22 Oct 2015 11:55PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone tryed C drive fins in this board ? they look good in the revieuws .

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Anyone tryed a Speeed in 9.2 ?" started by flowmaster