Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Atlantis Mano - Sneak Peak

Created by The Surfboard Warehouse > 9 months ago, 17 Nov 2017
17 Nov 2017 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hey All,

After months of hard work, we are super stoked to announce the all new Atlantis 'Mano' SUP! This board has been in the works for some time and a collaboration piece with our latest Brand Ambassador Jason "Aquaman" Momoa.

Check him out in the new Justice League movie which released this week!

Here is a little teaser of this beast of a board which is due to drop in February. We will keep you guys updated as things progress and share a few sneak peaks of things to come.

Cheers

The Surfboard Warehouse Team

Jason's Page and Board Details:
www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com.au/brand-ambassadors/jason-momoa/

Teaser Video:

shitelager
QLD, 8 posts
18 Nov 2017 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, need a bit of advice... fairly new to sup surfing, started on a 9'6 vex profusion, then upgraded to a 7'11 evoke. The change in boards was amazing and my surfing has improved. I like the look of the mano and am loyal to the brand as budgets important and both previous boards have exceeded my expectations (the vex actually cracked my pelvis in a wipeout and board looked a lot better than me...!!) But unsure of size. I'd like to go 8'8 but nervous about the drop in volume. I'm 76kgs and find the evoke more stable than the vex and pretty easy to catch waves, but getting more adventurous on the wave (top to bottom, floaters etc) and think I can continue to improve moving to the 29" width. Looked at the 9'2 mano to keep the volume but worried I'm going backwards to something similar to the original vex... any advice would be appreciated??

18 Nov 2017 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
****elager said..
Hi guys, need a bit of advice... fairly new to sup surfing, started on a 9'6 vex profusion, then upgraded to a 7'11 evoke. The change in boards was amazing and my surfing has improved. I like the look of the mano and am loyal to the brand as budgets important and both previous boards have exceeded my expectations (the vex actually cracked my pelvis in a wipeout and board looked a lot better than me...!!) But unsure of size. I'd like to go 8'8 but nervous about the drop in volume. I'm 76kgs and find the evoke more stable than the vex and pretty easy to catch waves, but getting more adventurous on the wave (top to bottom, floaters etc) and think I can continue to improve moving to the 29" width. Looked at the 9'2 mano to keep the volume but worried I'm going backwards to something similar to the original vex... any advice would be appreciated??

Hey Mate, Firstly, great to hear you have been happy with your board choices. I myself am 75kg's and started on a 9'6 Vex Profusion (then went to a 9, 8'6 and now on a 8) and also own a 7'11 Evoke. In regards to volume (it obviously still depends on your skill level but if you are getting decent turns in, floaters etc I would imagine you are doing rather well) and on that basis the 9'2 Mano is going to be similar to what you are on (7'11 Evoke actually has less litres) whereas the 8'8 is your next step down in volume board.

Going on your weight and skill level I would suggest that the 8'8 isn't out of scope and would float you fine (maybe a little correction in your sea legs over the first few surfs but more than manageable).For me, when it comes to the Vex, Evoke and Mano. I find the 7'11 to be more stable than the others, even when compared to say the 8'6 or 9ft due to its increased width. At 32" wide the board is very stable and isn't effected by chop as much as the narrower boards. In saying that however, the Evoke is not my favorite board as I prefer the Vex and Mano for the improved performance through turns and sheer liveliness on the wave face (less weighty and turns on a dime).

In regards to the 9'2 Mano vs 9'6 Vex you will still notice a performance difference in the drop down as the board is more refined (even more so if your Vex is an older version).

If you are still unsure, I can have my personal 8ft Vex dropped up to Jason the manager of the Mooloolaba store for you to loan out for a day if your interested in getting a feel for the lower volume and narrower shape (I see your profile says your based in Tewantin just up the road) and so you can be confident in the Mano 8'8.

Cheers

Andrew- The Surfboard Warehouse

shitelager
QLD, 8 posts
18 Nov 2017 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Perfect thanks mate, appreciate the feedback and the offer of the loan board. Simon in Noosa has always looked after me, so will let you know on the loaner... I think I have all I need. The heart wants the 8'8 but didn't want to be missing the waves and falling off every 2 minutes (I think the 9'2 was a safe bet...). I think the lower volume is the opportunity to step up and continue to improve. Thanks again, time to get the order in...

devsadv
23 posts
26 Dec 2017 10:15AM
Thumbs Up

Bump....

All, looking for some advice on my first surf sup purchase. I'm 36, 181cm (5'11ish), 93kg, stocky but pretty fit.

I've spent a year learning on a Sunny King 11'6 x 30 x 200L bamboo all rounder. Ive probably been out 40+ times and put in plenty of hours in all sorts of conditions. Great learners board but as I've progressed into the surf, this board is an absolute tank. Took it out in 6-8 foot swell last week and although fun, I need something more nimble to progress.

From what I've read, I'm thinking some decent width (32) will help me from a stability perspective with a step down in volume? I'm still learning surf turns, but have no problems catching and rising waves.

I've been considering the Atlantis range - affordable, attractive boards.

Atlantis Mano 9'8 at 32 wide and 157L. Currently on sale at $1,099 seems a great price. Will this board be too big for me to progress?

Waterborne Evoke bamboo 9'2 x 32 x 148L. On sale at $699 is a bargain!

Top end:
Sunova Speeed 9'5 which is 160L, but only 30 wide. Main drawback is $2k is a lot co soldering where I'm at and this seems like an advanced board.

Seeking input from the guru's on here to help keep feeding my addiction to the best sport on the planet!!

Cheers!!

yt04
QLD, 381 posts
26 Dec 2017 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
devsadv said..
Bump....

All, looking for some advice on my first surf sup purchase. I'm 36, 181cm (5'11ish), 93kg, stocky but pretty fit.

I've spent a year learning on a Sunny King 11'6 x 30 x 200L bamboo all rounder. Ive probably been out 40+ times and put in plenty of hours in all sorts of conditions. Great learners board but as I've progressed into the surf, this board is an absolute tank. Took it out in 6-8 foot swell last week and although fun, I need something more nimble to progress.

From what I've read, I'm thinking some decent width (32) will help me from a stability perspective with a step down in volume? I'm still learning surf turns, but have no problems catching and rising waves.

I've been considering the Atlantis range - affordable, attractive boards.

Atlantis Mano 9'8 at 32 wide and 157L. Currently on sale at $1,099 seems a great price. Will this board be too big for me to progress?

Waterborne Evoke bamboo 9'2 x 32 x 148L. On sale at $699 is a bargain!

Top end:
Sunova Speeed 9'5 which is 160L, but only 30 wide. Main drawback is $2k is a lot co soldering where I'm at and this seems like an advanced board.

Seeking input from the guru's on here to help keep feeding my addiction to the best sport on the planet!!

Cheers!!

The mano does look good mate but don't rule out the evoke and especially in carbon. They are super strong as will last you and a great price!!! I ride a 7'11 and I'm 93kgs but I've surfed all my life. The 9'2 evoke will suit you well and you'll be very happy.

devsadv
23 posts
26 Dec 2017 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks mate. The evoke's do get great reviews

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Atlantis Mano - Sneak Peak" started by The Surfboard Warehouse