Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Atlantis Runway

Created by elbeau > 9 months ago, 19 Jul 2017
elbeau
WA, 978 posts
19 Jul 2017 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

I bought an expensive board that was claimed by some to be a good nose rider.( I didn't trial it) My perception is while the board is well made and has lots of positives I don't consider it a good nose rider. (I can noseride) The Atlantis Runway appeals due to posts on seabreeze that extol its noseriding ability. Can I get any further feedback from Atlantis owners please.

Smash1
NSW, 789 posts
20 Jul 2017 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
elbeau said..
I bought an expensive board that was claimed by some to be a good nose rider.( I didn't trial it) My perception is while the board is well made and has lots of positives I don't consider it a good nose rider. (I can noseride) The Atlantis Runway appeals due to posts on seabreeze that extol its noseriding ability. Can I get any further feedback from Atlantis owners please.

Love mine (and I have many expensive Big brand carbon boards). Great up at the nose

Lucyloo
VIC, 131 posts
20 Jul 2017 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hi elbeau i had the 9.6 Runway and i can confirm it nose rides very well,i moved mine on only as ihad one too many boards and not much storage for them.I kinda regret selling it now as the value is fantastic but i was still going to the speeds on most occasions as i find those can nose ride quite well.I would say if you have some choice noseriding waves go for it, a really affordable solid performer.

windsurftom
NSW, 244 posts
21 Jul 2017 3:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
elbeau said..

what board?

elbeau
WA, 978 posts
22 Jul 2017 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you for the feedback. I have bought a Runway and I'm staggered at how good a board it is compared to the five other boards I have owned. When the "Lord of The Rings" was first released it was underestimated by critics. It wasn't until many years later that people finally recognised how well crafted the story was. The Atlantis Runway may well have a similar fate. An undiscovered classic that I suggest will in years to come, be spoken of in revered terms.
NB "Five other boards" Starboard 12', Laird 12', Starboard 11 2", Starboard 10'5" Drive, Sunova 10" Style.

Smash1
NSW, 789 posts
23 Jul 2017 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
elbeau said..
Thank you for the feedback. I have bought a Runway and I'm staggered at how good a board it is compared to the five other boards I have owned. When the "Lord of The Rings" was first released it was underestimated by critics. It wasn't until many years later that people finally recognised how well crafted the story was. The Atlantis Runway may well have a similar fate. An undiscovered classic that I suggest will in years to come, be spoken of in revered terms.
NB "Five other boards" Starboard 12', Laird 12', Starboard 11 2", Starboard 10'5" Drive, Sunova 10" Style.

Had mine out this morning in 4'-6' pumping surf and it rocks

calbs
SA, 86 posts
23 Jul 2017 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

I'm looking forward to the new mistress that's in the making the prototype look great im waiting on the release of this new design till I decide on the next addition to my quiver .

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Atlantis Runway" started by elbeau