I am surprised how light it feels to carry ....without the cover

yes, the cover is a killer!

Daneli Returns
NSW, 160 posts
1 Nov 2016 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SRrat said..
Had noticed that the Venom no longer appears in the SBW catalogue. New model coming or dropped like the Runway
The two boards that most interest me in their lineup.

^^^ What SRat said !?

wavelength
1195 posts
5 Nov 2016 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

CTS67 said..

SRrat said..
Had noticed that the Venom no longer appears in the SBW catalogue. New model coming or dropped like the Runway
The two boards that most interest me in their lineup.

^^^ What SRat said !?

The Venoms are back on the website (and looks like the Runways are there too)
https://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com.au/atlantis-venom/

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
5 Nov 2016 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

They just ran out . Great boards

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
8 Nov 2016 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gboots said..
They just ran out . Great boards

well, I can certainly understand why - they are awesome boards

JarrodSW
QLD, 44 posts
14 Nov 2016 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

For anyone interested we have 5 Venoms arriving this week. These 5 will be the last until the new year.

Thanks Jarrod

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
14 Nov 2016 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JarrodSW said..
For anyone interested we have 5 Venoms arriving this week. These 5 will be the last until the new year.

Thanks Jarrod

no more for us................we already have 6 of them

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
4 Dec 2016 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Finally took the Venom for a paddle. Had an argument with the boss yesterday and got banished to garage so it was a great opportunity to rail tape the board.
Went out on the bay. This board paddles beautifully. I was worried about the narrower width than I am use to too however I realised today that width does not equal stability . Longtitudinal stability was amazing. The length of the board made me feel like I was never going to fall off. Even managed to catch some bumps on the bay and even some boat wash . Seriously an experienced paddler would love this board. Hope I can progress a lot quicker with this board .
Finally I think she is the one I have always been looking for. A great alllrounder .
Where there is a will there is a way

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
5 Dec 2016 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

I used mine over the weekend in the small local surf conditions .....Love it

Wait until you take it out in some serious surf - it will blow you away

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
5 Dec 2016 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

A little away from anything gretaer than 2ft at the moment.... otherwise I will kil someone or convert the board into two six footers. The "Ve" and the "Nom"

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
5 Dec 2016 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gboots said..
A little away from anything gretaer than 2ft at the moment.... otherwise I will kil someone or convert the board into two six footers. The "Ve" and the "Nom"

yes, they can kill.......however they are as tough as nails - I have had mine in double overhead and the board has been pounded, but not a scratch or mark on it. Many times I though that I would end up with 2 boards....

GusD
NSW, 79 posts
5 Jan 2017 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Curious as to what fins people are using for surfing. I'm running Futures Controller Quads (thinking big board needed big fins) but thinking maybe they're slowing me down a bit. I prefer quads to thruster generally. Cheers in advance for any advice!

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
5 Jan 2017 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GusD said...
Curious as to what fins people are using for surfing. I'm running Futures Controller Quads (thinking big board needed big fins) but thinking maybe they're slowing me down a bit. I prefer quads to thruster generally. Cheers in advance for any advice!

I'm running VP V8's thruster set up. Had these in double overhead and they grip hard. Sometimes run the quad set up with VP V8's and V6's

broadman
156 posts
6 Jan 2017 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone have the width of the venom please. Cheers

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
8 Jan 2017 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
broadman said...
Does anyone have the width of the venom please. Cheers
28 7/8" X 4 3/4"

Carbs79
NSW, 67 posts
20 Jan 2017 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Having a quiver reshuffle and getting rid off overlapping boards in my quiver, so my Venom is up for sale check the classifieds if intetested.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Atlantis Venom" started by Jradedmondo