NSW, 6 posts
4 Aug 2015 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone got one, how do they go & what is the quality like

Rossall
WA, 500 posts
4 Aug 2015 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

I have the 7/11 Evoke in carbon and the construction is bombproof. Someone at the weekend made an interesting comment and said "Not bad for the money" well I would just say it compares and would standup to any big brand name in quality and construction.

fogo
NSW, 6 posts
4 Aug 2015 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Rossall

Loz79
QLD, 458 posts
4 Aug 2015 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

I've seen a few and quality is quite good... Id get one but they don't do one small enough for me, I'm pretty sure that smallest one is around 115 litres. They have a fair bit of thickness that goes a long way towards the nose....

yt04
QLD, 381 posts
4 Aug 2015 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Fogo, check out a member "EToriginal" as he bought one not long ago and very happy with it. He talks about it on the last post of the "Atlantis Bam Bam" thread. He's also a good egg so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you dropped him a line. I didn't have one and have a 7'11 carbon evoke as well and very happy. Cheers Whitey

SUPunit
QLD, 36 posts
4 Aug 2015 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hi mate. I surf with YT and two others who bought the Evokes, (I know not the Vex).

I'm entry level at this sport, and do now question buying a brand name board for nearly twice as much as my mate's boards with the limited performance I extract out of the premium product.

Hopefully, in time to come I can squeeze a bit of juice out of mine but the other boys are having just as much of a hoot as me.

At the end of the day, horses for courses, and it's only money anyway.

Cheers

fogo
NSW, 6 posts
4 Aug 2015 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

cheers everyone thanks for feed back

EToriginal
QLD, 95 posts
4 Aug 2015 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

Fogo, I recently got the Vex carbon 8'6 and am very happy with it. Can't afford to get decent fins for it yet, but it goes awesome with the standard ones anyway, so really look forward to when I can get some VPs or something for it. I got the Vex because I was so impressed with the quality of my 7'2 Bambam. I felt the Vex would be better in the bigger waves and it is damn good (Bambam seems to get a bit out of control and likes the smaller waves). I was worried about the drop in width (all previous boards are around 31-32 inch wide) but it very stable and easy to stand around on. What really amazed me is how easy it takes off on waves. My only issue with both boards is the crappy glue they must be using on deck grip. But then again same thing happened with my Allwave which cost same $$ as both Atlantis 's together! Go for it, so far both boards seem to be indestructible and both work beautifully.

Ando16
9 posts
5 Aug 2015 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Fogo, I have the 9ft Vex Profusion. I am really happy with it. The quality seems to be fine, I've had mine about 4 months. As ET has said the fins are a bit low rent, I haven't got around to upgrading mine yet. The board surfs very well and for the price I'd say it would be one of the best value options of any SUP.

MickChard
VIC, 166 posts
5 Aug 2015 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

I had 1 and found it tippy at 95kg s... My airborne is way more stable .. strong board tho .. bit heavy ..

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Atlantis Vex Profusion 2015 9' to 8' 6'' Carbon" started by fogo