Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Atlantis

Created by pete53 > 9 months ago, 21 Jan 2015
pete53
NSW, 158 posts
21 Jan 2015 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

OK I've discussed construction and performance with folk including the Atlantis suppliers staff and experienced suppers and nearly feel comfortable with a purchase but...who has owned their Atlantis SUP for a year or more and what do you reckon about em now?

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
21 Jan 2015 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

I owned the halo back in 2012 for a year and friend owns it now and still going strong.

paperboy
NSW, 84 posts
21 Jan 2015 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah hi , Ive had a 9 0 vex profusion for probably over a couple of years . It was my first sup as I wanted to get back in the surf after injuries prevented me from surfing was great to get started on but soon upgraded to a board more suited to the way I want to surf.
I am back on it at the moment as Im in between boards (looking to downzize again)
Have had no problems with it construction is solid ,stable as ( I use mine to fish in the river ) perform well in the surf just a bit much board for how I want to surf
The guys I got it off were great ,first board I got (not an atlantis ) was a bit how ya goin but they were happy to organize for it to be shipped back and gave me an upgrade to the atlantis . I have no problem with recomending them

cheers good luck with it and enjoy

pete53
NSW, 158 posts
21 Jan 2015 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
I owned the halo back in 2012 for a year and friend owns it now and still going strong.

Thanks mate but u have moved on Why.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
21 Jan 2015 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Because it was an 11ft all round board I sold it to get into the race boards.

dools111
VIC, 41 posts
22 Jan 2015 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

also started on an atlantis halo, 10 footer - super tuff, great all rounder option, actually surfs pretty well for a hybrid type board of that size. atlantis guys great to deal with, the halo was a great board and no durability/quality issues at all. have moved on to smaller board and passed the halo on to a fried as well - wouldn't sell to a friend if I thought the board was crap!

JarrodSW
QLD, 44 posts
22 Jan 2015 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hey all,
Late last year we decided to have some fun with the Atlantis "Halo" to show how strong they actually are!

Check it out:

Dr Gas
QLD, 118 posts
24 Jan 2015 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Had to toss up whether I took my 8'10" fanatic pro wave or my 8'6" Vex to my favourite Indian ocean reef breaks last year. Took the Vex! It is actually way tougher than the Fanatic, marginally heavier but surfs great. Have upgraded to the 8' Vex Carbon Pro and couldn't be happier.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Atlantis" started by pete53