Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Custom 10'6"

Created by Zeusman > 9 months ago, 7 Apr 2016
Zeusman
NSW, 1232 posts
7 Apr 2016 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up my new custom 10'6" from Mick at Surefire today. It's a carbon/inegra construction, finished in my favourite colours. This is the third board Mick has done for me and if it's half as good as the other two, I'll be a happy man.
10'6" X 30" X 4.25
Weighs in at 9.6 kg without fins.

Tardy
2891 posts
7 Apr 2016 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

Nice shape ....and very light ... colourful.or what.

and that brings your board count too..? 5 maybe .ha.

enjoy.looks like a good all rounder.for waves .

Toomanyboards
NSW, 52 posts
7 Apr 2016 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Nice wave catching machine..is the cut out on the deck for your grip or will it be waxed?

Zeusman
NSW, 1232 posts
7 Apr 2016 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Toomanyboards said...
Nice wave catching machine..is the cut out on the deck for your grip or will it be waxed?

It's just an extra carbon patch for the standing area.

Antho
VIC, 483 posts
7 Apr 2016 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Love the rounded pintail!

Jeroensurf
379 posts
7 Apr 2016 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Nice stuff!

Brenno
QLD, 668 posts
7 Apr 2016 11:45PM
Thumbs Up

Nice Zman, reckon you're gonna have some fun on that.
Keep supporting the locals mate.

supthecreek
1688 posts
13 Apr 2016 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board Zeus..... shape and color!

Zeusman
NSW, 1232 posts
14 Apr 2016 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..

Tardy, this is the third board i have ordered through Mick. All three are in these colours. I couldn't be happier with his products. One day I'll put them all together for some pics and a review.

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
14 Apr 2016 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a foamie to me?

(flame suit on)

Smash1
NSW, 790 posts
14 Apr 2016 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Z'man. Whats the $$ damage? What is the time frame from order to delivery? Do you have any IP on the colour scheme?

I'm after a performance mal style SUP to add to my quiver (hang 5, hang 10 etc), so look forward to your review. Just picked up the Atlantis Venom.......awesome piece of equipment

kookie
ACT, 5 posts
14 Apr 2016 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board zeusman, also great advertising for Mick !

After searching/shopping around for a few months, after seeing your post I just ordered my first ever sup through Mick yesterday.

Can't wait to get it !!

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
14 Apr 2016 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Good lookin stick, a Nalu pin/lite!

Tardy
2891 posts
14 Apr 2016 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zeusman said..

Tardy said..

Tardy, this is the third board i have ordered through Mick. All three are in these colours. I couldn't be happier with his products. One day I'll put them all together for some pics and a review.

Cool ..might have to get in touch ..I want a carbon 10' 150 litre ..it will have to be a custom ..

Zeusman
NSW, 1232 posts
15 Apr 2016 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kookie said...
Great looking board zeusman, also great advertising for Mick !

After searching/shopping around for a few months, after seeing your post I just ordered my first ever sup through Mick yesterday.

Can't wait to get it !!

Fantastic Kookie!!! What did you order?

kookie
ACT, 5 posts
16 Apr 2016 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

I ordered his last sub atomic 11'6 with the timber construction. Should be good fun for my first board. He did me a nice package deal with paddle etc to get me started too !!

Zeusman
NSW, 1232 posts
25 Apr 2016 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Update!!

I've had a few surfs on it now. Conditions were pretty much the same each time. Clean 2ft plus rights.

The first couple of waves the board just felt right immediately. Just getting into the flow and gently letting the board float up and down the face standing in the middle of the deck. After a couple of those I took off a little deeper and used the tail to carve a few turns. With my foot on the tail pad the thin tail and rails were very responsive, making the big wide nose come around very easily. Swing weight was very low too. Once in a while a bigger set came through and I more often than not found myself a tad too deep. Take off and point down the line mid drop and pump rail to rail from mid deck again and the big girl accelerated surprisingly well. Make the fast section with ease before cutting back at the bowly section in front of the lifeguard tower. Trim the board again and being my stylish shuffle toward the nose I've mentioned before that my nose riding skills are nothing to be desired and nothing has changed. The wide nose and concave had me feeling very stable up there though.

A few more waves and I felt completely dialled in. Later and deeper takeoffs were made with ease and confidence. After each of my four surfs my face looked like this

Happy as a proverbial pig with this board. Mick has made me a happy SUPer 3 out of 3 times now.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Custom 10'6"" started by Zeusman