Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Custom made board bag

Created by Snapppa > 9 months ago, 1 Mar 2014
Snapppa
QLD, 23 posts
1 Mar 2014 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

just wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations on any businesses in AUS preferably gold coast or northern NSW that make custom board covers, after a cover for travel that I can pack a SUP & Longboard in, with wheels, appreciate any advice

Kami
1336 posts
2 Mar 2014 4:38AM
Thumbs Up

D'ont forget to order some more space to fit a protected shaft/paddle. Think about total weight of 23kg for the whole gears.

Tayloria
NSW, 14 posts
3 Mar 2014 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Try seven.t surf. I don't think they have been making travel covers, but they have been expanding their range. I have a slip cover coming.

Snapppa
QLD, 23 posts
3 Mar 2014 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Tayloria, thanks for advise will look them up

johnwest
QLD, 43 posts
3 Mar 2014 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

Try Surfaids in Byron they've made me a couple of board bags, the only thing I'm not sure about is wheels

Kirby
3 posts
5 May 2014 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

quite easy to make your own cover with a bit of Sunbrella material and a decent sewing machine. Or if you know any sewing or upholstery people, then can do it quite easily. Sunbrella fabric is U/V and waterproof. I make my covers so they slip over the top of the board with a bungee nose and tail covering just the top and sides from the sun- they are not a complete sock. This way I can cover them after I rack them on my roof rack. They stay up there permanently.

Piros
QLD, 5369 posts
7 May 2014 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Big Mal custom board covers
U 20, 4-6 Hawker St
Currumbin, QLD, 4223
(07) 5525 6338

Tang
VIC, 579 posts
8 May 2014 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

Make sure they reinforce the handles and where they join the cover. I had one made up down here and it's like a big mal cover, but the handles have started to tear the fabric away from the seams on the body of the cover. Only used a few times. Maybe the baggage handlers had the shoits with 23/24kg of boards last year.......

jaydub1973
QLD, 156 posts
10 May 2014 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Plus one for Big Mal,
Travis Grant uses Big Mal for his covers including the one for the big OC6.

Gandalf
WA, 83 posts
18 May 2014 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

I tried without success to find a decent locally made product. If you happen to be travelling to Bali there's a little shop in a lane between Poppies1 and Poppies 2 that make excellent travel covers for boards or SUPs. I took a butcher's paper template of my 9'5" Sunova Magic and within a couple of days they had made a heavy duty cover that fits like a glove. It has reinforcing and carry handles in the right places as well as internal storage pockets for fins etc and enough room for a covered paddle. Cost - A$105.

Snapppa
QLD, 23 posts
19 May 2014 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Vandals , thanks for your advise of to Bali in a couple of weeks so might work well

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Custom made board bag" started by Snapppa