Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Deep Paddleboards

Created by PhilBennett > 9 months ago, 12 Apr 2014
PhilBennett
48 posts
12 Apr 2014 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

Am looking at a new paddle board has anyone had much experience with the brand DEEP by Dolphin boards?

Thanks!

SUPWorld
QLD, 106 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Apr 2014 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Yes I have one... Got mine at Christmas it's 7'8". Magnificent board which I thoroughly enjoy...
Also Simon and the guys are so easy to deal with .

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
12 Apr 2014 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, I have a 12.6 by Simon at DEEP Oceanboards. Great board and he and the crew their are awesom to deal with. A few friends also have DEEP custom surf SUPS and are very happy.

Their glassing is second to none.

Mon
NSW, 7 posts
12 Apr 2014 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

I have a custom Deep SUP with a beautiful purple glitter paint & stunning mural of a winged horse rearing up on the beach with the waves behind & a lovely star strewn sky above. I picked the mural myself & the paintwork artist at Deep sprayed it on. It looks fantastic. I had a knee reconstruction & needed a soft deck for my knee to cope. That wasnt a problem for them. I can stand for ages & not have my knee ache. It is light & easy to handle & goes exactly how I want it on the water. Am really happy with my Deep custom 12'6 x 30 :-)

PhilBennett
48 posts
12 Apr 2014 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

So good to hear thanks!

I am looking at a demo 12'6 x27.5 here in NZ and had not come across the brand before but know they are made by Dolphin which is huge in the paddle boards for surf life saving industry.

Taking it on the water next weekend so will let you know how I go :)

TheGoodDr
SA, 216 posts
12 Apr 2014 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 14' DW board, a 10' mal style and an 8' 6" surf style all by Deep. The next one is on it's way, 7'8" x 28 1/4 version of the new square nose style 5 fin.
I love all my boards but the demo of the 7'8" is the most natural feeling surf sup I've ridden. Check the Deep Facebook page for a photo of Simon's new square style sup.

LogeiaLad
QLD, 95 posts
13 Apr 2014 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Just another positive comment for Deep. I have an 8'10. Very pleased with the build and performance. Simon a pleasure to discuss designs with. Great value for money. Will definitely go back to them for my next board.

wazza66
QLD, 607 posts
13 Apr 2014 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 8'5 Deep, surfs great and the quality is very good and the carbon rails are a bonus.

Also have a 7'10 sup glassed by DEEP.

Can't fault the glass job, however if going white get them to spray the blank or go a colour as the epoxy will go a slight yellow over time.(keep it out of the sun as much as possible)

Go for it.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Deep Paddleboards" started by PhilBennett