Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Fanatic Falcon 2017 or Infinity Blackfish 2017

Created by yogaSUP > 9 months ago, 21 Mar 2018
yogaSUP
QLD, 6 posts
21 Mar 2018 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience testing out both of these boards, looking at upgrading do most of my paddling in off Shorncliffe, Sandgate and up to Redcliffe way, also downwind when the conditions are right. I am 75kgs

mickeyb
NSW, 59 posts
21 Mar 2018 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

I have paddled both boards. I now have a Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder and personally find it better than both at downwinding. There are a few kicking around on seabreeze or the new ones look pretty sick. Of the two I paddled the Fanatic was my preference for dw.

yogaSUP
QLD, 6 posts
21 Mar 2018 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for your info, I will also look at the sidewinder

SurfNiels
182 posts
21 Mar 2018 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

I paddled both boards a lot actually. The fanatic is a very easy board to paddle, the 26' version is a little boring to be honest but the 24' version flys. There is a big difference betweeen the feel of the boards . I like the 24' version a lot, it is a great allround board. The blackfish is not great for downwinding IMO but it is very fast ( surprising to me ) in flatwater

TJR
155 posts
22 Mar 2018 3:09AM
Thumbs Up

I've got a 2017 Blackfish 14x25 (along with a few other boards) and find it is a good allrounder. it DW really well and is on par with my 24" Maliko

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
22 Mar 2018 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

I paddled both and had more time on the the 2016/2017 blackfish but only a demo day ride on the 2017 falcon.
I like the infinity boards and so light. The falcon is nice but not my liking in terms of look but look doesn't mean $#%&.
If I have to chose between these two board, it will be the Falcon.

AndrewG4
NSW, 3 posts
22 Mar 2018 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

You need to demo as they are different in subtle ways. I recently bought a Falcon 24.75 and i find it is a true all rounder and suits me and where I paddle in sydney. I demo'ed the infinity but found it flighty and not to my liking as an all rounder. I also have a sidewinder 14 x 25 , great build, very fast in light conditions but I struggled in medium water. ( it is for sale if interested pm me) . People asked why I changed between such similar in theory boards but like I said at start - different in subtle but important ways. Board needs to suit your paddling style .

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Fanatic Falcon 2017 or Infinity Blackfish 2017" started by yogaSUP