Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Fanatic Inflatable WinSup

Created by ozmoroz1 > 9 months ago, 21 Jan 2017
ozmoroz1
VIC, 3 posts
21 Jan 2017 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hi. Does anyone know the difference between Fanatic Viper Air and Fanatic Fly Air?I'm looking for inflatable WinSup for pretty much 50/50 Windsurfing (beginner) and SUPping. I am 80kg but want to be able to paddle with my 10yo son sitting on the board (+another 30kg).

Another question, what do I need to attach a mast to those WinSups? They say they have a mast insert, but it's not clear what exactly I need. A mast plate? What kind?

murrayceff
QLD, 98 posts
25 Jan 2017 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Don't muck around with inflatable boards from any other brand than RED PADDLE Co. The have windsurf setups too. RED PADDLE CO, don't make any other boards - just inflatables. They are the worldwide market leaders for very good reasons.

PeoplesChamp
52 posts
26 Jan 2017 2:56AM
Thumbs Up

The viper air has a removable centre fin where as the Fly air does not. It essentially allows a beginner to get up and going better on the viper when windsurfing, much easier to sail up wind. Then if you don't want to windsurf take it out and you have a SUP. Red paddle co have been making just inflatables for a while but companies like Fanatic have well and truly caught up and in Fanatics case I believe now offer superior boards IMHO. Red paddleboards have no history at all in windsurfing so I would be wary about what they offer there. Fanatic started as a windsurf brand. Best advice is to try both and make your own mind up.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Fanatic Inflatable WinSup" started by ozmoroz1