Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Imagine Connector

Created by Tryfan > 9 months ago, 20 Sep 2015
Tryfan
QLD, 256 posts
20 Sep 2015 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

An interesting looking new 14' DW board from Dave Kalama/Imagine I hadn't even heard about until I saw it. Didn't get to paddle it in the ocean, only in flat but looks like could be some fun in the right conditions...

Area10
1389 posts
20 Sep 2015 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

It looks like three different boards welded together - at least in these photos. The nose may be inspired by the original Naish 17 downwind board. I'd love to try this board, and I'm pleased he wasn't tempted to make it super-narrow. Nice to see a new board with plenty of rocker too, contrasting with the latest trend for flatter DW boards. I'm sorry that I'll never have the opportunity to buy one here in Europe, I think.

laceys lane
QLD, 18365 posts
20 Sep 2015 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

quite rounded up the front but a narrow ish nose . wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the bottom shape. is it flat , concaves ,v etc

shame on you scotty

I wouldnt mind a go, but im firmly in the broader nose dw camp.

the rocker looks nice. reckon with his background it would dw very nicely

Tryfan
QLD, 256 posts
20 Sep 2015 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Some more pics of the bottom, you can see where it goes from the rounded, nicely rockered nose into flatter middle backwards from the red logo, then into a moderate tail rocker. Wednesday's looking like a good day for a board like this on the Goldy...

fishetc
13 posts
9 Oct 2015 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

has anybody had a chance to ride this board yet? looks pretty cool

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Imagine Connector" started by Tryfan