Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Infinity BLine

Created by SaltyCulture > 9 months ago, 10 Oct 2017
SaltyCulture
QLD, 35 posts
10 Oct 2017 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Warning!!! (possible proud father moment)
with a fair bit of hype surrounding these boards i thought it might be time to give you an idea of what these boards are capable of. As some people may be aware, I have an 8y/o that is purely the grom from hell... This kid has more energy, passion and enthusiasm than i have ever seen before.
Up until recently he was riding a small Hokua @7'2 x 25 Which is an awesome board for someone his size. He was super comfortable on it and progressing well.

A couple of months ago we decided it was time for an upgrade and the 7'4 x 23 Bline was the pick of the litter. I was concerned that the drop in width and the added rocker may have been an issue at first but figured he would work through it.
Apparently i was wrong... He was able to not just jump straight on it and paddle, He was super comfortable.

The biggest thing for me however was the immediate difference in his on wave ability. The board was so much more lively and responsive giving him so much more freedom. His skill and ability level have dramatically increased due to this board and nothing else.

Its often difficult to demo a board and get a proper feel for it in a short period of time as we all have different styles and pre conceptions of what works and what doesn't. I thought i would share this as i believe it stands as true testament to the boards ability and characteristics. I could have easily jumped in, gone all techy and and raved about it from my perspective (absolutely love em) but when i witnessed what i have in the last few months, It is well and truly a more honest portrayal of the product.

Yes i do sell these boards but will make it clear that these boards will not suite everybody... Infinity's performance surf range are the opitamy of high performance boards that will give you ability to take your riding to the next level...

Stay stoked
Trav

PaddleOn
22 posts
10 Oct 2017 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

Can you compare the bline to the RNB?

Teignouse
2 posts
10 Oct 2017 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hi salty culture,
I'm looking for informations about Infinity B Line small boards.
have you ever tried the 7'7 x26 B Line ? Is the 7'4 x 23 reserved for children or pro supsurfers?
I' m 55kg ( not a Child and no more a pro Supsurfers!), and i?m interested with BLine 7'7 or 7'4 x23 but i' m afraid this one will be too narrow.
i read this board's shape allows less volume and more stability than others, so a smaller one could do it!
i actually ride a Starboard prosurf 7'4 x 25"5 .

SaltyCulture
QLD, 35 posts
10 Oct 2017 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PaddleOn said..
Can you compare the bline to the RNB?

Hey PaddleOn
Yes, there are a number of differences in both shape and performance. The easiest way to explain is to possibly look at a comparison. The first one that would spring to mind would be a Fanatic Stubby against a Prowave however the RNB is a much higher performance board than the Stubby.

The RNB carry's a relatively straight outline with less rocker than the BLine and a lot more volume throughout the board giving it better stability and slightly better paddle speed (depending on size to weight) .
The BLine in turn carry's a much sharper rail line, more rocker and draws volume in both the nose and tail. Although the BLine still has good width in the tail it is much less than the RNB and with the channelled release through the tail of the BLine it will handel bigger conditions and speed a lot better than its RNB Equivalent.

Basicly it boils down to personal preference and style of surfing. At 90kg if i had to choose a RNB i would pick the 8'2 for versatility however would prefer to ride the much smaller 7'11 if we had decent conditions. In the BLine, my pick is the 8'5. The board is super stable for its size and volume without sacrificing performance. The 8'2 is magic but our conditions, once again just dont suite it for me.

Hope this helps
Stay Stoked
Trav

SaltyCulture
QLD, 35 posts
10 Oct 2017 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Teignouse said..
Hi salty culture,
I'm looking for informations about Infinity B Line small boards.
have you ever tried the 7'7 x26 B Line ? Is the 7'4 x 23 reserved for children or pro supsurfers?
I' m 55kg ( not a Child and no more a pro Supsurfers!), and i?m interested with BLine 7'7 or 7'4 x23 but i' m afraid this one will be too narrow.
i read this board's shape allows less volume and more stability than others, so a smaller one could do it!
i actually ride a Starboard prosurf 7'4 x 25"5 .

Hey Teignouse
You read correctly. They are remarkably stable for there volume and size and if you are currently riding a 7'4 x 25'5" Starboard, i would have to say, yes you will get away with the slightly smaller model. Unfortunately the only ride i have had on the 7'4 was paddling it prone like a shortboard and surfing it that way. It was unreal and out performed my 6'4 Chilli Blackbird even without the paddle in hand. The boards carry the perfect amount of "chest volume" much like a traditional surfboard but Dave has managed to dial it in and get it in all the right places for SUP. The step in the tail allows them to thin the volume at the business end without sacrificing to much stability. The rails are unbelievable!!!!! there is truly nothing out of place. Coming from a shortboard background, I am a very heavy back foot rail critical surfer so finding SUP's that work for me is difficult. This being said, i to made the transition from Naish to Infinity and haven't looked back!
Hope this helps
Stay Stoked
Trav

Supnorte
262 posts
12 Oct 2017 5:52AM
Thumbs Up

After a few months away from the surf due to work (SUP work...), I picked my B-Line 7'11 and caught a few ones this weekend

SaltyCulture
QLD, 35 posts
12 Oct 2017 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..
After a few months away from the surf due to work (SUP work...), I picked my B-Line 7'11 and caught a few ones this weekend

Nice pics, credit to the photographer. Good to see people making the most of these boards

Supnorte
262 posts
13 Oct 2017 2:21AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks. Love this board!
Also, forgot to credit the photographer, the great T? Man? (he took the most famous photo of Macnamara in Nazar?). Check his site: www.tomanephotos.com/

Supnorte
262 posts
19 Oct 2017 11:23PM
Thumbs Up

The B-line is so good that you don't need a wave or a foil

SaltyCulture
QLD, 35 posts
21 Oct 2017 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..

Awesome pic Looks like you may have had i little bit of excess speed to wash off there hahahaha. Are you running quads or thruster?

Supnorte
262 posts
22 Oct 2017 5:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SaltyCulture said..

Supnorte said..

Awesome pic Looks like you may have had i little bit of excess speed to wash off there hahahaha. Are you running quads or thruster?

I'm using quads. Should work better with the wider tail. Haven't tried thruster yet (somehow I can't find my center fin)

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Infinity BLine" started by SaltyCulture