Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Infinity New Deal 10 x 27

Created by Rossall > 9 months ago, 28 May 2017
Rossall
WA, 690 posts
28 May 2017 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Had a chance to demo the Infinity New Deal this weekend and must say I was overwhelmed, they should of called it the Big Deal. Conditions on Saturday were head high and windy so struggled with the 27" width but three good waves I caught stirred my nterest. Sunday came small but clean and the New Deal came into its own. This board is awesome very fast, very smooth and so much fun, loved it. Look I am no pro usually ride a Naish Mad Dog but loved this board, it is quality super light 7 kg and built to last.

1fox
184 posts
29 May 2017 1:34AM
Thumbs Up

I want one!

CAUTION
WA, 1097 posts
29 May 2017 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

who did you demo it from mate?

Rossall
WA, 690 posts
29 May 2017 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

I demoed it from Rory at Next Level SUP (the Infinity importer) his number is 0437054481 and based in Perth.

Phil

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
29 May 2017 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Any demo's in Sydney?

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
29 May 2017 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Stock is yet to arrive in Aus. So at this stage it's just a couple of demo boards in the country.

margeaux
QLD, 59 posts
29 May 2017 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

I also had a demo of the 10 /27 and found it tippy, I personally think the 29 wide is the way to go at my level and at 96kg

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
30 May 2017 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Smash1 said..
Any demo's in Sydney?

You can have a go on mine in the am mate... should be good if a little of the south swell swings into Bower or Manly.

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
30 May 2017 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Grenfell said..

Smash1 said..
Any demo's in Sydney?

You can have a go on mine in the am mate... should be good if a little of the south swell swings into Bower or Manly.

Grazie G-man. If the swell swings in - I'm there

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
30 May 2017 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Lets check in the am....pm me if theres a wave.

BreakersEBR
NSW, 41 posts
30 May 2017 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Smash I can met u anytime with a demo

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
30 May 2017 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Grenfell said..

"Large and powerful surf conditions developing" so says the ABC news....

MickChard
VIC, 183 posts
30 May 2017 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

Let me no how she goes smash //....

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
31 May 2017 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Smash1 said..

Grenfell said..

"Large and powerful surf conditions developing" so says the ABC news....

Hmmmmmm. I think I need to recheck the dictionary meaning of "Developing".......................Manly = Dead Flat :-(

BreakersEBR
NSW, 41 posts
31 May 2017 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smash1
typical reports. i'd say the incoming tide may start bring the swell in but the wind might come with it. If this occurs and u would like a demo this arvo, pls dont hesitate to call as im doing nothing at the moment due to neck surgery and could meet u with the board

Smash1
NSW, 824 posts
31 May 2017 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BreakersEBR said..

smash1
typical reports. i'd say the incoming tide may start bring the swell in but the wind might come with it. If this occurs and u would like a demo this arvo, pls dont hesitate to call as im doing nothing at the moment due to neck surgery and could meet u with the board

Grazie Breakers. I just checked out the cameras and not enough in it to temp me out of my snugly warm home :-)

Supnorte
262 posts
20 Jul 2017 4:40AM
Thumbs Up

Infinity New Deal just landed in Portugal!
This one is the 10'0 x 29'' (139 L). Love all details, specially thos thin rails and tail

Rossall
WA, 690 posts
20 Jul 2017 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

So sexy looking in Black n white

cbigsup
454 posts
22 Jul 2017 5:11AM
Thumbs Up

Have placed an order for the 9'6" x 31".

It's in a container somewhere.

Perfect for a 69 year old geezer.

My buddy ordered the 9' 104 liter sinker. He is a young bucko!!

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
9 Aug 2017 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Manly putting on a show, 20degrees and 2ft fun. 10x27 is the perfect board for such mid- week shenanigans.

cbigsup
454 posts
30 Aug 2017 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Their here. My 9'6" looks awesome and my buddy is stoked on his 9' 104 liter.

Waves in Rhode Island today!

It's crazy light. 16.8 pounds with fins.

cbigsup
454 posts
1 Sep 2017 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Here it is!

supthecreek
2582 posts
1 Sep 2017 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

looks great!

cbigsup
454 posts
6 Sep 2017 1:12AM
Thumbs Up

Well, the surf gods sure made this interesting. Waited all day for the wind to die in Rhode Island and went down expecting waist to chest off shore conditions to test my New Deal.

Nantucket Shoals Buoy 18 feet at 10 seconds. TD 15 surprise. Managed to get out through some funky shorebreak and rode 4 head and a half bombs with my buddy.

Not quite what I had in mind! Modified surf stance waaay back of the handle. Big fun, no harm no foul.

The next day Cape Cod was out of control so I went to Hull. DOH on CC traded for OH. Made two waves and got annihilated in the shorepound.

Day three shin to knee onshore tiny. Worked OK. Gotta get rid of the large thrusters though.

Day four evening glass off with another bud. Knee, waist, chest sets.

Perfect. New Deal is definitely the real deal. Fade, turn, Quasimodo appeared from '65, fast, loose, and crazy light.

The search for fin nirvana begins..

cbigsup
454 posts
6 Sep 2017 8:24AM
Thumbs Up

Pics. First CC. Second Hull.

CAUTION
WA, 1097 posts
6 Sep 2017 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cbigsup said..

any pics of ur mates 9 footer?
When you get the hang of it im curious to know how these things handle decent head to head and a half waves and hollow stuff (either or both). that last photo u posted looks decent size!
I find with my sunova style longboard it is good up to head but then the rocker doesnt really work for big n succy. my speed does but its hard work if lumpy or windy (is 94l tho)

cbigsup
454 posts
6 Sep 2017 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

My buddy decided to get the 10' 122 liter instead of the 9' 104 liter. He rides short low liter boards and figured a little more literage might be a lot more fun.

It's clear the flatter rocker profile and that big schnozz makes it interesting in hollower and larger conditions. Especially with a little breeze on it.

Luckily I have other choices in bigger hollower waves! Much more fun than a dedicated noserider though.

Rawz
WA, 58 posts
7 Sep 2017 4:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CAUTION said..

cbigsup said..

any pics of ur mates 9 footer?
When you get the hang of it im curious to know how these things handle decent head to head and a half waves and hollow stuff (either or both). that last photo u posted looks decent size!
I find with my sunova style longboard it is good up to head but then the rocker doesnt really work for big n succy. my speed does but its hard work if lumpy or windy (is 94l tho)

Taking the 9 x 28 for a burn next week. Pictured here with the 10 x 27 to compare.

cbigsup
454 posts
7 Sep 2017 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

RAWZ, Wow! Seeing them side by side is amazing. Let us know how you get on with the nine footer Mate!

cbigsup
454 posts
8 Sep 2017 4:59AM
Thumbs Up

Hayden Shapes, 2+1 7" center all the way forward best so far!

cbigsup
454 posts
22 Sep 2017 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

The new stick flat spell was not in effect with the New Deal

Gert, TD 10, North Atlantic Stormicane, Jose and more.

It works exactly as I hoped in smaller waves, and much to my surprise is decent in waves up to head and a half. I have owned three other performance longboards and the New Deal is by far and away the best.

I suspect it is because there is more rocker through the midsection, and the pulled in tail with the small stepped wing makes it fantastic when carving on larger open faces.

The nose is still larger than a traditional board, but isn't too bad in off shores up to 10-15 knots. My geezer post Cardiac Arrest rules keep me out of the water in really windy conditions.

Clearly not the best choice in windy super hollow conditions, but it works fine in larger swells.

As soon as you feel the board move take a trip towards the tail. Parallel stance at the handle a BAD idea. Modified Kung Foo Fighter Boy is the best stance.

And the Hayden 2 + 1 with the 7" center rocks. Moved it forward so the leading edge is even with the trailing edges on the sidebites. Turns a treat even with my massive 70 kegs. Sink the rail turn the board!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Infinity New Deal 10 x 27" started by Rossall