Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Infinity blur V2 8'5"

Created by Nerdburger > 9 months ago, 14 May 2020
Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
14 May 2020 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

No the best pics, had this for 2 weeks or so, from 1-6ft local beachies. Still getting used to it, but so far, loving it, killer infinity carbon construction, super light, plus flex you can feel, step rails, awesome deck grip, fins and carbon hand grab. I pre ordered from Next level sup, WA, Rory, fantastic to deal with, great service. Happy with my new toy, can't wait to get it dialed in !!??
Perfect complement to my infinity blackfish for down winders and small surf.

glideontime
NSW, 206 posts
14 May 2020 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Infinitys look so doable.....especially on our coast waves........how wide and how many litres..............maybe wind tomorrow though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......not sup freindly......you sailing off the island or elsewhere

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
14 May 2020 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

8.5 x 30.5 and 121L.
looking forward the the windy forecast, either Flat Top woopi or sawty island both great southerly wavesailing spot. Even had a wavesail session this arvo ??

anchorpoint
190 posts
14 May 2020 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hi nerdburger...i have the exact same one since few months....love it ! The construction is something else...light ..hard as nail but with flex..the deck pad is probably one of the best i saw on the market with F-one ...enjoy!

Supnorte
262 posts
15 May 2020 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Such a great board!

There's also a new size this year (and I already sold a coupleof them): 8.2 x 30 (115 L)

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
15 May 2020 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Wow, I didn't know about that size, that would be ideal for me as the 109L would probably only work for me if I got down to 85/87 kgs !!

frosty1962
SA, 35 posts
19 May 2020 3:29AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,what's the price on em?

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
26 May 2020 11:07PM
Thumbs Up

Next level sup, WA - Rory will let ya know, availability and prices ??

northy1
430 posts
26 May 2020 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

they have quite a pulled in tail and nose - how does this translate in terms of stability eg compared to other 120L boards do you think?
What body weight do you think is appropriate for the new 8'3 for an avg joe?

anchorpoint
190 posts
27 May 2020 1:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
northy1 said..
they have quite a pulled in tail and nose - how does this translate in terms of stability eg compared to other 120L boards do you think?
What body weight do you think is appropriate for the new 8'3 for an avg joe?

Im very confortable on the 8'5x30.5 (121 L) with 90 kgs naked ..i actually think to go down to 8.2 x 30 (115 L) as the 121 liters are really stable for me.. , beside the recessed deck create a low rail that sit in the water (sunova style if that make sense) and create in-build stability..

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
27 May 2020 4:35AM
Thumbs Up

I'm surprised at the stability of the 8'5" 121 litre, I'm 94/96 kgs, I SUP busy waves and 2 river mouths / headlands at my local and have had it out in 15knots plus and super messy conditions no problems at all.
As with anything, it comes down to skills, weight and versatility. It is a wide performance board at 30.5, and the tail isn't pulled in that much in my opinion on this size.
My last board was a 8'6" JP 113 (29 inches width), and was a great all rounder, but struggled a bit with less than ideal conditions.
But my SUP skills have improved when I sold the JP and picked up the 8.5, as I'm been doing heaps of late on my all water race board (infinity blackfish) in all conditions.
I think I could / should SUP the next size down, being the 8'2". Still early days getting used to it, but every session is improving, my back hand turns are good, my front side needs more work dialling in getting more vertical and better rail engagement (dealing with the volume and better foot placement, is needed)
Being a litre more volume than I'm used to it is working for me to surf or sup up to 15/16 knots at my local and then to start wavesailing on my light wind kit (102 JP and Ezzy 5.5) When the wind comes in. ??

northy1
430 posts
28 May 2020 4:42AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Anchorpoint / Nerdburger - pretty insightful! i reckon the new 115 could a good option. Im also considering a smik hipster, spitfire or JP 8'6....i have the 8'10.

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
28 May 2020 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

No problems. I've had the JP 8'6", great all round performance short board for the heavier sup'er.
could prob get a 2nd one or even a new one for a good price. The infinity, expensive new. Amazing construction, crazy strong and light. I think the infinity at 115L v jp at 113LWould be more stable, with step rails, slightly larger tail (I think) wider by an inch, would surf pretty close in feeling.
plenty to choose from, great first world problem.??.
Both excellent boards, never ridden a smil though. Best of luck

cantSUPenough
VIC, 2122 posts
29 May 2020 11:55PM
Thumbs Up

I have the 8'5 Blurr V2 and I am 100 kg (and 6'3). If I have not been supping a lot, or the conditions are not great, I found it a bit too tippy. I need to lose a few kegs...

But when I had it out I loved it. It is so light and manoeuvrable. It is easy to get your foot on the tail and really surf it.

My challenge is I also have the 8'7 Placid. It adds a few liters but also another inch of width - and you really feel it - there is a significant improvement in stability. So, unless the conditions are quite good, I have been choosing the placid.

justaddwater
NSW, 673 posts
30 May 2020 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cantSUPenough said..
I have the 8'5 Blurr V2 and I am 100 kg (and 6'3). If I have not been supping a lot, or the conditions are not great, I found it a bit too tippy. I need to lose a few kegs...

But when I had it out I loved it. It is so light and manoeuvrable. It is easy to get your foot on the tail and really surf it.

My challenge is I also have the 8'7 Placid. It adds a few liters but also another inch of width - and you really feel it - there is a significant improvement in stability. So, unless the conditions are quite good, I have been choosing the placid.

Interesting no one has mentioned $$$ yet !

josc
QLD, 41 posts
30 May 2020 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

that's the face you pull when u get the bill

justaddwater
NSW, 673 posts
30 May 2020 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
josc said..
that's the face you pull when u get the bill

cantSUPenough
VIC, 2122 posts
30 May 2020 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
justaddwater said..

cantSUPenough said..

Yep, not cheap, but worth it if creates a bigger smile.

josc
QLD, 41 posts
31 May 2020 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

i hope so i pulled the face then bought a bline anyway i hope i love it

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
31 May 2020 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Please more pics and info on the Bline ??!!

josc
QLD, 41 posts
31 May 2020 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

just pics bro no info yet should have it by next friday i'm pretty excited about getting it out
8'2x29 101litre

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
11 Jun 2020 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Had the board over a mth now, in a huge range of conditions from 1-8ft, beach and point breaks. Getting it dialled in now. The board is super stable for volume 121 litres, 30.5 inch, and my current 90-95 kg. I don't think it will be long before I'm ready for the 110 L version.
Awesome construction, deck pad and I love the simple surfboard graffix's. Big fan of the blur V2.??

micksmith
VIC, 1673 posts
11 Jun 2020 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
justaddwater said..

cantSUPenough said..

Yeah not sure why so secretive as it's easily found at just a tad over $3200

micksmith
VIC, 1673 posts
11 Jun 2020 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
josc said..
i hope so i pulled the face then bought a bline anyway i hope i love it

That's a nice looking stick, is it production or custom

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
12 Jun 2020 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Both production infinity boards. They also do custom boards out of the US.

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
12 Jun 2020 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Kinetic factory out of Vietnam I believe. Amazing construction on these ??

josc
QLD, 41 posts
14 Jun 2020 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

they feel solid i was gonna go custom but with the aus dollar at the moment a full carbon build is about 4200 dollars and that was with a guess on shipping not a proper quote

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Infinity blur V2 8'5"" started by Nerdburger