Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Infinity custom

Created by josc > 9 months ago, 29 Apr 2020
josc
QLD, 41 posts
29 Apr 2020 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Hi just trying to get some info thinking about getting a custom infinity b line made ( full carbon build )can anyone tell me what the construction and paint (chips or doesn't) comparing to say a starboard pro they seem to be the best I can find in the production sup market thanks

Supnorte
262 posts
29 Apr 2020 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

I'm the Portuguese distributor for Infinity and worked also several years with Starboard.

If you're getting a custom board you can choose the painting and construction.

The painting on the Infinity production boards doesn't chip (it's like the paint on a surfboard) and most production boards have really simple (but cool) graphics. The rails might scratch (but not chip) as they are carbon (with no paint).

Construction wise, the carbon production boards super well made, light and have that twist and coil from surfboards, unlike the Starboards that were very stiff. Of course, on a custom board you have several options, different to production boards.

I had a B-Line for two years and sold it like new (no scratchs, chips, dings, etc). The board looked like it was only a couple of weeks old. I now I have a Blurr, and after one year it's still looks brand new.

josc
QLD, 41 posts
29 Apr 2020 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks supnorte . Just don't want to get a custom and have the deck sink or it to look like it s 3 years old in a month . Was going to go the 8'2 x29 just don't want to go back to a 29 wide board and the 7'11 will not have enough volume for me

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Infinity custom" started by josc