Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

JP Australia Allround Air 10'2"x 32"x 6"

Created by GCS2 > 9 months ago, 11 Apr 2016
GCS2
QLD, 16 posts
11 Apr 2016 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

My JP Australia Allround Air burst 03/2016. It was inflated to 12.5 psi, the ambient temp. was 28 deg. and I was in the process of transferring it to shaded storage after it had been out of the water for about 1/2 hr; I had intended to store it inflated ready for use again later in the day. I bought it new 01/2015 and had used it a total of approx. 15 hrs. Prior to 03/2016 I had always deflated it as soon as I took it out of the water and transferred it to shaded storage. Even though I had it more than one year someone on a seabreeze.com.au forum suggested I make a warranty claim which I did prior to end of 03/2016 but no response yet from JP Australia.

In the meantime I have been researching seabreeze.com.au forums for more durable iSUPs and learned that Red Paddle Co boards are the most durable so I hired one over the weekend for a trial. The hire company informed me that they leave their Red Paddle Co boards outside during business hours, exposed to direct sunlight, all year round. Despite the 1)- Queensland summers, 2)- boards being out of the water for up to three hours between hire customers and 3)- boards being inflated to 20 psi they have never had a Red Paddle Co board burst. Great recommendation for Red Paddle Co boards by the hire company and confirmation of the positive reviews on seabreeze.com.au forums.

It leaves the question though "why did my JP Australia Allround Air burst in conditions far less severe than the conditions sustained by the hire company's Red Paddle Co boards?".

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"JP Australia Allround Air 10'2"x 32"x 6"" started by GCS2