Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Jimmy Lewis 10' Destroyer comp model photos

Created by Jimmy Lewis Boards > 9 months ago, 11 May 2020
11 May 2020 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

I get a few questions as to why the 10' Destroyer is a different board to the rest of the Destroyer range!
Thats because it was not in the original range but a later addition.
Jimmy already had a good 10' all rounder in the range being the STRIKER but with the 10' contest seen really starting to gather momentum it was time to add in that board.
Enter the 10' Destroyer designed to be a high performance board at a good sizing but still be in the size range of a lot of competent paddlers. It's no use putting into production a 26' wide 99ltr 10' and think you are going to sell enough boards to cover the cost of production of a new model..
So it was decided that 110' x 29 for 125ltrs with the right rocker line and foam distribution would be the go.
That way someone can buy a board that surfs great but still has enough float.
Its a board you can show up at your local club 10' comp and be very competitive on but with the quality construction and resale of a Jimmy Lewis board.
We have all tried selling the really small high performance custom we got to find its a small market.
Out of the range of Demos I have in the garage its now the board I find myself surfing the most!
Small surf, Big surf, onshore, offshore it just works.
Hopefully after the lock downs wind back I can get around to some more events with the Demo.
Other wise see you at Merimbula the last weekend in Nov for the 40th Merimbula classic!!! ( not to be missed this year)

Nice pulled in rounded pin works in a verity of wave sizes. Have surfed this overhead at my local reef

Good amount of Vee behind the front fins to allow the board to roll from rail to rail

Really fine hard rails on the tail

Enough Nose to get up the front

Tried to show the rocker line compared to the straight line on the pavers

fester
WA, 348 posts
11 May 2020 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

The below Pic shows a very different nose to the 10'Magenta board on your site. Is the 10'x29" nose similar to the striker ?

justaddwater
NSW, 674 posts
11 May 2020 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fester said..
The below Pic shows a very different nose to the 10'Magenta board on your site. Is the 10'x29" nose similar to the striker ?

Fester .I have the 10 ft destroyer,And have had several strikers.The destroyers nose width is 22" with slight concave for approximately 2' --into flat -continuing--to vee in the tail it's nose rail is all about lift for nose riding/ performance surfing. It has a lot of rocker,but surprisingly still paddles well with little yaw,my go to for everything now.The striker 8-11nose is 23"the other sizes are the same plus or minus a fraz.bottom shape is flat under nose-continuing - to vee in the tail,nose rail are slightly different as well to help with the strikers flatter nose rocker,hope this helps,I pay for my boards and consider Jimmys very good value for money /resale because of there construction,I have had 8 Jimmys so far with no problems.

justaddwater
NSW, 674 posts
11 May 2020 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fester said..

Select to expand quote
justaddwater said..

fester said..

Fester .I have the 10 ft destroyer,And have had several strikers.The destroyers nose width is 22" with slight concave for approximately 2' --into flat -continuing--to vee in the tail it's nose rail is all about lift for nose riding/ performance surfing. It has a lot of rocker,but surprisingly still paddles well with little yaw,my go to for everything now.The striker 8-11nose is 23"the other sizes are the same plus or minus a fraz.bottom shape is flat under nose-continuing - to vee in the tail,nose rail are slightly different as well to help with the strikers flatter nose rocker,hope this helps,I pay for my boards and consider Jimmys very good value for money /resale because of there construction,I have had 8 Jimmys so far with no problems.

Fester the original magenta 10 destroyer was a hand shaped proto by Jimmy for Rob G I think And it's nose was narrower, I think Robs feedback resulted in the new design 22" and it noserides very well !!! They definitely got it right .

robg1703
NSW, 201 posts
12 May 2020 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Fester, Justaddwater is correct about the my original 10' Destroyer....It was a proto that I asked Jimmy to do for the Destroyer range & myself as the 10' Striker was too big for me as a comp board... I did tweak a few things for the production model after riding my proto/custom which Jimmy was happy to change....He's unreal like that....The 10' Destroyer is my go-to sup now when I sup surf & if not the 7'7" Destoyer...

Custom/Proto 10' Destroyer

Production 10' Destroyer

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Jimmy Lewis 10' Destroyer comp model photos" started by Jimmy Lewis Boards