Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Loss of a Naish dream!!!

Created by DaveSandan > 9 months ago, 28 Oct 2016
DaveSandan
VIC, 1364 posts
28 Oct 2016 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

I was really kean to get myself a Glide after I get married in December but the new models have just priced themselves out of my market. I was dreaming of a 14ft GTW but at over $3K that ain't gunna happen at the GS is $2.8K then I need a bag, forget it.
So now I need to look for a new dream, any suggestions but not Syarboard, not a fan of Blue boards?

Stev0
419 posts
28 Oct 2016 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Why have to get a new board? Let some other kook pay for the depreciation and grab a second hand bargain so you can thrash it and experiment and build a quiver of boards!?

Tardy
4930 posts
29 Oct 2016 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stev0 said..
Why have to get a new board? Let some other kook pay for the depreciation and grab a second hand bargain so you can thrash it and experiment and build a quiver of boards!?

Agree ..I saw a few Carbon 14' Javelins on the breeze for under 2 k ..
lighter ,faster ,cheaper ,
your dream could come true Dave .

Area10
1508 posts
29 Oct 2016 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, at the current prices of boards - especially the top spec ones - buying new has to be a last resort. In fact, here in the UK I can actually buy custom boards cheaper than top spec production boards from the big brands. And then you can get exactly what you want. There something really satisfying paddling a bargain board that you know is better than someone else's who has paid mega-bucks for theirs. How many people buy their cars new? It doesn't make financial sense.

DaveSandan
VIC, 1364 posts
30 Oct 2016 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..
Yes, at the current prices of boards - especially the top spec ones - buying new has to be a last resort. In fact, here in the UK I can actually buy custom boards cheaper than top spec production boards from the big brands. And then you can get exactly what you want. There something really satisfying paddling a bargain board that you know is better than someone else's who has paid mega-bucks for theirs. How many people buy their cars new? It doesn't make financial sense.

I am heading down the custom board track to see what I can get, I am going to give DEEP boards a call and see what they can do in a 14ft version that is similar in performance.

Area10
1508 posts
2 Nov 2016 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it goes.

My latest purchase was a custom.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Loss of a Naish dream!!!" started by DaveSandan