Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Next Level (Infinity BLine)

Created by seaFreaks > 9 months ago, 27 Mar 2017
seaFreaks
QLD, 72 posts
27 Mar 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Here we go!!!
Things just got real.. With everything going the way it is in the industry at the moment I think its pretty safe to say, WE NEED something new!!! Its here (almost) The Infinity BLine, This thing is truly off its head. The pictures speak for themselves. In my personal opinion, this board speaks for itself. This is one of the first production boards to hit our shores and to say that I'm impressed is an understatement. Yes I'm a shop owner and a site sponsor BUT, as some already know I'm honest!!! I am a massive Naish fan boy, there boards work for me... This board changes everything. The boys from Infinity have it so dialed in that it makes you question what you THINK you know. The numbers on paper are right, The looks speak for themselves and after looking at the attached pics tell me I'm wrong!!!

wazza66
QLD, 607 posts
27 Mar 2017 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Sick looking board , love the flyer.
Where are you on the Goldy?

Supnorte
262 posts
27 Mar 2017 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Only a few days away from receiving my B-Line 7'11x27''

Garethg
NSW, 406 posts
27 Mar 2017 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
28 Mar 2017 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

anchorpoint
190 posts
28 Mar 2017 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

stylish boards..

seaFreaks
QLD, 72 posts
1 Apr 2017 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Just had the best session of my life in a sweet little beachy!!! this board well and truly exceeds all expectation.. The BLine is truly one of, if not the best "short board" style SUP I have ever ridden. The way this board surfs is second to none!!! Admittedly it is not a "one board suites all" option for the most of us, It is defiantly that one board you need if you want to SUP as if you are riding 6'0" short board. The speed and drive are exceptional, the comfort and control are out of this world and the turns, WOW!!! I know I have financial interest in the industry and I sell these boards but. Being completely honest!!! Although some may think that having a huge quiver of boards to choose from every day is the best thought imaginable, let me tell you, ITS NOT!!! Constantly riding different shapes, styles and sizes means you never get comfortable on YOUR board. at 90kg to be able to jump on a 8'2" x 29" @101L with the sickest rocker line and rail on the market (personal opinion) and surf it super comfortably the first couple of times out, That's why I sound like a hyped up grommy. Just sharing the stoke!!!

Garethg
NSW, 406 posts
3 Apr 2017 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

I agree Seafreaks... the B Line is the most fun surf SUP I have ridden......

Johndesu
NSW, 549 posts
3 Apr 2017 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Garethg said..
I agree Seafreaks... the B Line is the most fun surf SUP I have ridden......

Hey Garethg have you surfed the RNB ? and how would you compare it ?:-)

Garethg
NSW, 406 posts
5 Apr 2017 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

They are different, the RNB suits someone who wants to ride a smaller board with more stability and ease of paddling. Perfect board for all conditions from punchy beach breaks to sloppy fat waves.

The B Line is slightly less stable to paddle, but is a little more high performance... with a pulled in tail.

Highly recommend both these rippers.

Supnorte
262 posts
16 Apr 2017 4:42AM
Thumbs Up

Infinity now availabe in Portugal
Just got my B-Line 7'11 x 27'' (85,4 liters)

SUPbru
386 posts
16 Apr 2017 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Looks awesome Supnorte....would love to hear your feedback after a few sessions.

Supnorte
262 posts
17 Apr 2017 6:29AM
Thumbs Up

Haven't tried it yet. Today was Easter and tomorrow I'm thinking of putting the my new Whiplash on the watwr for the first time for a downwinder

bomberdave
VIC, 395 posts
18 Apr 2017 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

seafreaks, i would really like some more info/detail as to why this board is so much beter than your naish. i have a 9"1 hokua x32 which im loving and finding my surfing is improving heaps on this board..

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
19 Apr 2017 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bomberdave said..
seafreaks, i would really like some more info/detail as to why this board is so much beter than your naish. i have a 9"1 hokua x32 which im loving and finding my surfing is improving heaps on this board..

This and the X32 are probably aimed at different riders bomberdave. Very different width, rocker and volumes.
BTW I agree, the X32 is probably the best progression board around if you are moving to a shorter board. Enjoy.

Supnorte
262 posts
20 Apr 2017 2:37AM
Thumbs Up

So today I've tested the new Infinity B-Line 7'11 x 27'' with 85,4 liters.

I weight 70kg and usually ride board around 95 liters, although I have been riding boards just over 100 liters for the last year and a half. The smallest board I've tried was a 7'4 with the same volume as the B-Line (I needed to keep the board moving to stand up, keep paddling not to fall and the tail was always deep in the water and the nose way high).

So I did this video www.facebook.com/SUPnorte/videos/1242939045803733/ today where I tested it during a (rare) flat spell in Portugal. The board was super stable right from the beginning (as you see on the video). Easy to paddle (and feeling fast) both with side-wind and upwind (the wind was light to moderate from side-off to off-shore, with little to non existent chop). There were some ankle high waves that I caught easily and I coul accelerate the board easily).

I was a bit wary when I've ordered the board since it had such low volume and really thin rails, but I felt that stability wise it was similar to a board around 100 liters. So now I'm thinking I should have gone smaller! I'm already eyeing the 7'7 x 26" (78.8 liters)

PS: I'm a Infinity, SIC and Starboard dealer in Portugal (and I like to ride high-quality boards...)

wookie777
20 posts
2 Aug 2017 3:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..
So today I've tested the new Infinity B-Line 7'11 x 27'' with 85,4 liters.

I weight 70kg and usually ride board around 95 liters, although I have been riding boards just over 100 liters for the last year and a half. The smallest board I've tried was a 7'4 with the same volume as the B-Line (I needed to keep the board moving to stand up, keep paddling not to fall and the tail was always deep in the water and the nose way high).

So I did this video www.facebook.com/SUPnorte/videos/1242939045803733/ today where I tested it during a (rare) flat spell in Portugal. The board was super stable right from the beginning (as you see on the video). Easy to paddle (and feeling fast) both with side-wind and upwind (the wind was light to moderate from side-off to off-shore, with little to non existent chop). There were some ankle high waves that I caught easily and I coul accelerate the board easily).

I was a bit wary when I've ordered the board since it had such low volume and really thin rails, but I felt that stability wise it was similar to a board around 100 liters. So now I'm thinking I should have gone smaller! I'm already eyeing the 7'7 x 26" (78.8 liters)

PS: I'm a Infinity, SIC and Starboard dealer in Portugal (and I like to ride high-quality boards...)

Hi Supnorte..could you weigh the 7'11 and give me an exact weight on that board for me? I would be so grateful...

Supnorte
262 posts
2 Aug 2017 4:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wookie777 said..

Hi Supnorte..could you weigh the 7'11 and give me an exact weight on that board for me? I would be so grateful...

It's around 11 lbs. Don't know the exact weight (and don't have a balance)

wookie777
20 posts
4 Aug 2017 4:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..

wookie777 said..

I doubt it is 11 lbs as I weighed mine and its 13.5 lbs brand new out the box. I am a bit worried it is alot heavier... Could you pretty please try and weigh it :) Just a rough weight at least by standing on a scale and subtracting your weight would be great :)

micksmith
VIC, 1673 posts
4 Aug 2017 6:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wookie777 said..

Supnorte said..

wookie777 said..

I doubt it is 11 lbs as I weighed mine and its 13.5 lbs brand new out the box. I am a bit worried it is alot heavier... Could you pretty please try and weigh it :) Just a rough weight at least by standing on a scale and subtracting your weight would be great :)

I wouldn't worry too much mate, 13.5 lbs is only 6.1 kg and sounds more likely to be the correct weight (depending on your board size)

Supnorte
262 posts
4 Aug 2017 6:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wookie777 said..

I previously owned several Starboards (a couple of 7'7 and 8'0 pros and a Hyper Nut 7'4) and this one is much lighter (also due to having less volume)

wookie777
20 posts
4 Aug 2017 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh my 7'11 B - line is 6.25kg so that is why I want to compare to your 7'11. I also have a 2016 starboard 7'7 and 2016 starboard hypernut. See weights below

2016 Starboard 7'7 95L weight = 6.3kg
2016 Hypernut 7'2 105L weight = 7kg

Since the volume on the b-line is 85L I was hoping it would be alot more lighter than the starboard 7'7 ...

wookie777
20 posts
4 Aug 2017 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..

wookie777 said..

I previously owned several Starboards (a couple of 7'7 and 8'0 pros and a Hyper Nut 7'4) and this one is much lighter (also due to having less volume)

Yeh my 7'11 B - line is 6.25kg so that is why I want to compare to your 7'11. I also have a 2016 starboard 7'7 and 2016 starboard hypernut. See weights below

2016 Starboard 7'7 95L weight = 6.3kg
2016 Hypernut 7'2 105L weight = 7kg

Since the volume on the b-line is 85L I was hoping it would be alot more lighter than the starboard 7'7 ...

wookie777
20 posts
6 Aug 2017 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..

wookie777 said..

Hi @Supnorte.. any chance you could weight the 7'11 infinity b=line :) please?

craigcal
8 posts
7 Aug 2017 4:51AM
Thumbs Up

My B Line lands in 2 days, being delivered to my doorstep!( Thanks Rory and Tim ) I'm so amped....I have the RNB and if the B Line goes half as good as this ,well...........

wookie777
20 posts
7 Aug 2017 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
craigcal said..
My B Line lands in 2 days, being delivered to my doorstep!( Thanks Rory and Tim ) I'm so amped....I have the RNB and if the B Line goes half as good as this ,well...........

awesome..what size is the rnb and b line u getting ? :)

colas
4981 posts
7 Aug 2017 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wookie777 said..
See weights below

Out of curiosity, are these weights with our without pads, fins, ... ?

wookie777
20 posts
7 Aug 2017 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
colas said..

wookie777 said..
See weights below

Out of curiosity, are these weights with our without pads, fins, ... ?

In SUmmary updated weights below (NO FINS INSTALLED on any of the boards below)

2017 7'11 B - line 85 L= 6.25kg (With deckpad)

2017 Starboard 8' x 29" 105 L =6.8kg (with deckpad)

2016 Starboard 7'7 95L weight = 6.3kg (without deckpad)
=6.5kg with FCS dimplepad

2016 Hypernut 7'2 105L weight = 7kg (WITH deckpad

craigcal
8 posts
9 Aug 2017 3:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wookie777 said..

craigcal said..

Both are 8'2 with a 7'11 b line next year.....B Line arrived Tuesday

wookie777
20 posts
26 Aug 2017 3:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
craigcal said..

wookie777 said..

craigcal said..

Both are 8'2 with a 7'11 b line next year.....B Line arrived Tuesday

Hi :) So tell me what is your weight of the 8'2 ?

craigcal
8 posts
14 Sep 2017 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wookie777 said..

craigcal said..

Both 8'2"....

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Next Level (Infinity BLine)" started by seaFreaks