Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Starboard 8'2" wide point 2012

Created by col303 > 9 months ago, 3 Nov 2011
col303
WA, 150 posts
3 Nov 2011 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, anyone tried one, in waves 1.5 to double over head? Iam 85kg it might be the go!

North
WA, 104 posts
9 Nov 2011 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

I saw it in the shop down at Ozzie park. All the Starboards this year look super refined and morew high performance orientated compared with previous years. Might make them a little less user friendly as a result but its always a trade off and I for one applaud them for going there.
In saying that at 32 wide it should still be very stable so it could be a great pick. I havent had a paddle on one but looking to soon. Of note was a lack of centre fin so this one is a quad only.

Anyone had a go...

billboard
VIC, 2814 posts
9 Nov 2011 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys PM Ian Grose - pretty sure he has this model ready for demo or at least very nearly ready to demo.

allrounder
VIC, 157 posts
10 Nov 2011 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Cant really comment on how it surfs over 1.5m. I was able to get a sneaky little surf when i was in Perth last week. It was only a foot if that. Ian let me test the carbon out to see how it went. I was surprised, extremely stable, the ability to turn was great at 32 wide and it had a nice glide on the waves. I was impressed with where the boards are progressing to, The tail was well refined with a hard edge and had a really nice tappered rail shape running through the board. I have had a few surfs on the new 8'5 pro, and that has got me buzzing, the step up from last years model is massive.

SUPtheblog
WA, 55 posts
18 Nov 2011 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Allrounder what sort of weight are you if you don't mind saying . I just live a little to far to check the 8'2" widepoint out. You say it's got good glide to get on waves, that will be nice to try one out in a little bigger waves than you had any more reviews on this board .

Mottman29
WA, 80 posts
19 Nov 2011 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,
My mail from the blokes down south is that it's "an absolute cracker"... am keen to give it a go myself... just dont know when the next shop Demo Day is... actually do Starboard even do a Demo Day in each state???

Mottman

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Starboard 8'2" wide point 2012" started by col303