Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Sunova Faast - anyone?

Created by Slab > 9 months ago, 15 Mar 2016
Slab
901 posts
15 Mar 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Lots posted about the Sunova surf SUPs but wondered if many (who are not dealers or sponsored riders) have paddled the Sunova raceboards - if so - how do they match up to the other offerings out there at the moment in terms of speed, durability and use for all round racing?

Slab
901 posts
19 Mar 2016 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hmmmmm.....so no one buys their raceboards? Or they are shy

supthecreek
1688 posts
20 Mar 2016 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

I will see my first faast on Thursday.
I think I will be able to demo one as well..... I'm no racer, but I will get some fast paddlers on one and see what they think.

They will be the 1st Faasts in the US, so I 'm looking forwarto this

rockmagnet
QLD, 1166 posts
20 Mar 2016 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

I had one for a few days, 12'6 x 27. For me as a non racer I would have liked to try the 29" which would have been a lot more stable.

Found the 27" surprisingly tippy but very light and quick. Beautiful well made board and seems pretty tough.

GMilne
NSW, 33 posts
22 Mar 2016 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

I have a sunnova 14 x 28, they call it a touring boards but i can confirm it holds it own against similar width boards. I also have a Gulliver race again 14x28 and i find the sunnova initially more tippy although just a quick in flat water. There is a small weight difference although as a novice i cant make any differences on the water.

The glide on the sunnova to me in amazing and it tracks nice and straight.

I might consider to have a go at the jamieson park 5km on the sunnova just to see how i stack up on it.

Slab
901 posts
24 Mar 2016 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

thanks guys.....I am going for an Allstar.....

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Sunova Faast - anyone?" started by Slab