Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Sunova Search vs Coreban dart

Created by Kiwidoc > 9 months ago, 29 Aug 2016
Kiwidoc
13 posts
29 Aug 2016 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

I've been tiling with the idea of a Coreban Dart for "way out the back" surfing and riding micro bumps, as well as leisurely flat water paddling (not racing)... but I've just seen the Sunova 14 foot search on the internet which looks lower volume, finer rails and more surf oriented rocker... has anyone experience with these boards as "surfers"?

that guy
66 posts
30 Aug 2016 5:51AM
Thumbs Up

yeah doc i do..email or call me i have one you can try,tnx.dean

djoblin
97 posts
4 Sep 2016 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Hi @KIWIDOC

Dan here from the NZBS, I left you a message, but have not heard back from you, Get in Touch RE the Dart you asked me to put aside for you.

Or let me know you don't want it please.

Dan

baddog
255 posts
6 Sep 2016 11:33PM
Thumbs Up

How is the paddling glide and speed of the Search in comparison similar length and width race / touring boards? How about the surfability of the 12' Search in comparison to the Styles or other Sunovas?

SunovaUK
12 posts
7 Sep 2016 2:10AM
Thumbs Up

I have the Search 12′ 0″ x 30 x 4 1/2 @ 179L and the Style 9`6

The Search is a stunning board and has a stupid amount of glide, takes off on a ripple and proper fun on a small wave, for a 12 ft board is actually fairly mimble and comes around well. On swell is a hoot, doesnt catch in the trough as well.Style is totally different board as is a true longboard SUP

baddog
255 posts
7 Sep 2016 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks SunovaUK. I wasn't actually after a comparison, I was trying to determine the Search surfability, which you clearly answered. I've got an 8'5" Speeed and a 9'6" Surf, but the Search has always been calling my name. I might have to cave.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Sunova Search vs Coreban dart" started by Kiwidoc