Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Sunova Shroom fin advice

Created by Baldman > 9 months ago, 9 Sep 2017
Baldman
QLD, 5 posts
9 Sep 2017 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, just bought a 8'3 shroom, love the stability and glide, would like to know what size and brand of fins people are using. Any advice would be appreciated. cheers

SunnyBouy
353 posts
9 Sep 2017 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

I've got an 8'3 on test, of all the rides I've had on it I've never felt the need to change its fins. The board has its own particular style and feel, it's that I'm trying to dial down.

However a mate borrowed it, removed the rear fins and rode it like a Twinser.. all he really did was spin around a lot and complain it had no grip.. which is what I told him it'd do..

Have you a reason for wanting to change the fins ? Those rears are swept back for a reason IMO, just to make it track better in the mush.. it's a board designed for mush and small crappy waves and it's a very good board for just that.

Ive no other boards to compare it with, I've never ridden a Minion or other wide stubbies...

And I'm a Sunova fan, but I think the Minion would be a a good board for similar conditions (having watch a lot of the Aussie based vids) So, have you looked at the Minion threads for inspiration??

Enjoy learning about your board, I thinks a great board and always makes me smile when on it..

Baldman
QLD, 5 posts
9 Sep 2017 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for your feedback, just interested to know if anyone has played around with different set ups. It's early days but so far I'm really impressed with it.

supthecreek
1750 posts
10 Sep 2017 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

I have the 8'3 an had use of an 8'7 all winter.
I did not like the fins that come with them.... they feel trackie to me.

Fins like M5's up front and a bit smaller in the back really made a huge difference IMO.

Baldman
QLD, 5 posts
10 Sep 2017 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks heaps

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Sunova Shroom fin advice" started by Baldman