Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Which one to buy? Infinity RNB, Jimmy Lewis World Wide or Carbon Starboard Pro?

Created by Suzanna > 9 months ago, 4 May 2020
Suzanna
1 posts
4 May 2020 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hello! I'm about to buy my first SUP surf board. I'm looking at the second-hand market and have found a few that qualify. There's not that much around and I just like to get started. These things are pricey so would love to hear about experiences and opinions before buying. I'm 53 kilo. I already can catch some waves. Working on the turns now. I'm not a beginner but not advanced yet either. I would like to use the SUP mostly in small waves. A little bit of touring great too but the main focus is surf. And fun! The following I have found in my budget range:1. Infinity RNB from 2018 8.2 x 29 117 Liters
2. Jimmy Lewis World Wide 7.9 x 29 103 Liters
3. Carbon Starboard Pro from 2013 8.5 x 29 106 Liters
Which one would you go for if you were me and why? The Infinity most appeals but I'm wondering if it may be too big and I get bored soon?Thanks! Suzy

BigZ
170 posts
5 May 2020 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Suzanna said..
Hello! I'm about to buy my first SUP surf board. I'm looking at the second-hand market and have found a few that qualify. There's not that much around and I just like to get started. These things are pricey so would love to hear about experiences and opinions before buying. I'm 53 kilo. I already can catch some waves. Working on the turns now. I'm not a beginner but not advanced yet either. I would like to use the SUP mostly in small waves. A little bit of touring great too but the main focus is surf. And fun! The following I have found in my budget range:1. Infinity RNB from 2018 8.2 x 29 117 Liters
2. Jimmy Lewis World Wide 7.9 x 29 103 Liters
3. Carbon Starboard Pro from 2013 8.5 x 29 106 Liters
Which one would you go for if you were me and why? The Infinity most appeals but I'm wondering if it may be too big and I get bored soon?Thanks! Suzy

At an intermediate level and at 53kg, all the boards you listed are way too big. RNB would be great in small and medium waves but you should be looking at 7'7 or 7'11.

josc
QLD, 41 posts
5 May 2020 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

If you are in QLD you can take my starboard 7'7 and try it out before you buy a board that small

justaddwater
NSW, 673 posts
5 May 2020 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
josc said..
If you are in QLD you can take my starboard 7'7 and try it out before you buy a board that small

Spain Qld ?

rockmagnet
QLD, 1458 posts
6 May 2020 8:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
justaddwater said..

josc said..

Spain Qld ?

Tell him he's dreaming

Kami
1566 posts
10 May 2020 4:30AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Suzy, dis you try to paddle on a big surfboard? try out a some 9 foot BIC or something else around you, an old rent a board for instance... If not I got some SUP board 7' 29''I've built for small money if you are ever around Bordeaux... or can you meet GONG forum where you can find some board closest to your dims ;-)

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Which one to buy? Infinity RNB, Jimmy Lewis World Wide or Carbon Starboard Pro?" started by Suzanna