Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

2018 competition calender - Sup surfing & racing calender

Created by Newiewaterman 3 months ago, 11 Jul 2017
Newiewaterman
NSW, 7 posts
11 Jul 2017 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Hey everyone, i know its a little far out for the 2018 season, however does anyone know of potential dates for competition in 2018. What are the best sites/facebook pages to find the relevant information.

clarky4213
QLD, 35 posts
11 Jul 2017 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

Check out this website. it will be the go to calendar for SUP events.
www.ozsupcalendar.com

tracikay
3 posts
11 Jul 2017 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

I created a calendar to keep up with all the races I hear about. I always post races and events I see posted on Facebook. A lot of us in the Sydney region use it regularly. I just post dated, names and links to the organizer. Feel free to bookmark it

sup.tracikay.com.au

NNSUP
NSW, 1209 posts
11 Jul 2017 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Traci Kay Dostalek does a calendar for the NSW events. It's a very useful calendar.

I co-administer the following Face Book sites and I post relevant events that will suit NSW paddlers.

Sydney Paddle Surfing Club - surfing and racing - we haven't chosen 2018 dates yet.
SPSC Training Group. - mainly training info as well as local NSW races posted here. Need to be approved.
Sydney SUP Downwind - downwind and flatwater events. Need to be approved.
NSW Downwnd Series - downwind only
AUSup - more National events here, both downwind and flatwater.

I don't have time to do an overall calendar so I generally post info on these sites and Traci collates them into a website calendar.

If you follow the various groups around the country it's certainly easy to find out about the race events. Harder for the surf events.

A good calendar would be useful but as there's no governing body for the sport there is nothing formerly organised.

As Surfing Australia and Paddle Australia fight to organise SUP in preparation for the funding grab before the Olympics, maybe it's a good time for one of these organisations to do something................but that's another thread.

nosaj27
QLD, 259 posts
11 Jul 2017 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
clarky4213 said..
Check out this website. it will be the go to calendar for SUP events.
www.ozsupcalendar.com

Thanks for the plug Clarky.
I am super keen to get all Australian SUP events up on ozsupcalendar.com, so if anyone has any details about events they want to share it would be appreciated if you could email them to me at ozsupcalendar@gmail.com

nosaj27
QLD, 259 posts
11 Jul 2017 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tracikay said..
I created a calendar to keep up with all the races I hear about. I always post races and events I see posted on Facebook. A lot of us in the Sydney region use it regularly. I just post dated, names and links to the organizer. Feel free to bookmark it

sup.tracikay.com.au

Hi Traci, I am the admin for ozsupcalendar.com and I wanted to check in with you to see if you have any issues with me copying the events from your calendar and adding them to ozsupcalendar.com??

tracikay
3 posts
12 Jul 2017 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
nosaj27 said..

tracikay said..

sup.tracikay.com.au

Hi Traci, I am the admin for ozsupcalendar.com and I wanted to check in with you to see if you have any issues with me copying the events from your calendar and adding them to ozsupcalendar.com??

Of course not. More visibility means more participation!

nosaj27
QLD, 259 posts
12 Jul 2017 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tracikay said..

nosaj27 said..

tracikay said..

sup.tracikay.com.au

Of course not. More visibility means more participation!

Awesome thanks a heap, great idea by the way.

Kazz
NSW, 16 posts
11 Aug 2017 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Great calendar Traci and Nosaj! Good to see so many more events been added. Just emailed you re the Pacifica Canoe Club Coffs Downwind on Sept 30., cheers, Karen

nosaj27
QLD, 259 posts
11 Aug 2017 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kazz said..
Great calendar Traci and Nosaj! Good to see so many more events been added. Just emailed you re the Pacifica Canoe Club Coffs Downwind on Sept 30., cheers, Karen

Thanks Karen, I will add it to ozsupcalendar.com

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2018 competition calender - Sup surfing & racing calender" started by Newiewaterman