Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

LOW PRESSURE 18'2'' unlimited

Created by Downwinder > 9 months ago, 22 Sep 2015
Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
22 Sep 2015 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

LOW PRESSURE 18’2’’ Unlimited Downwind SUP

Getting the 19ft by 29inch LOW PRESSURE Downwind SUP blank into the shaping bay that good mate Simon Hunnybun is shaping me, I’m just so exited I could pull my pants down and fire a rocket. hahaha

Stay tuned for the finish Produced, It may even come to a shop near YOU.

Cutting hole in the walls so the 19ft blank can fit into the machine shaping bay to be cut.

These two blokes are geniuses Simon and Chris working out how to fit a 19ft blank onto a 12'6'' cutting machine

It can be done putting a 19ft Blank onto a 12'6'' cutting machine

A little bit of hot wiring

Here she comes the birth of LOW PRESSURE UNLIMITED out of her mothers Womb isn't my baby just Beautiful, at 18’6’’ by 28’’ by 7’’ weighing in at 4.9kg I’ll be putting my baby on a strict resin diet, don’t want her weighing more than 14kg

18'6'' x 28'' x 7''

Simon cleaning her rough edges in the nose.

LOW PRESSURE is starting to take shape with no nose lift and very little rocker at 7'' inches thick with a single into double concave slight vee in tail.

Just goto finish of the tail and cut 4'' inches of her Umbilical Cord to make her 18'2''

I guarantee nobody has seen a board like this one in Australia yet.

At 18'2'' in length 28” inches wide and 7” inches thick with no Nose Lift and very little Rocker, this board is more suited for those long training sessions in the canal for races like Molokai when the ocean is not co-operating for those Downwind Paddles (yes I know flat water paddling is as boring as - You need the iPOD) or if the wind is 15 knots or less in small ocean swells this board will be the ants pants, you’ll still be able to paddle this board in 25 knot winds but you’ll need some ability (it’s a big board)

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
22 Sep 2015 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

For all those critics this is not a replica of the SIC Bullet as some of you think open your eye’s the board doesn’t even look like a SIC Bullet just by looking at the nose will tell you that, as it has no nose lift with very little rocker.

If your truly serious about ocean paddling in windy conditions, there’s no other board on the Planet thats as good as a SIC Bullet, they are a magic board. I have two Bullets one in Australia and one on Maui. Plus good mate Mark Raaphorst is making me a new 18ft Custom V3 Bullet as we speak for next July, can’t wait already 6 weeks of Maui Maliko Bliss.

This is my SIC Bullet in Australia

This is my SIC Bullet on Maui

DavidJohn
VIC, 17417 posts
22 Sep 2015 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

"LOW PRESSURE is starting to take shape with no nose lift and very little rocker at 7'' inches thick with a double into single concave. "

Hey Phill.. Love to see a picture of how that's working.. (the double into single concave)

magillamelb
VIC, 627 posts
23 Sep 2015 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Quite a bit of volume and the Canadian canoe bow section looks interesting.

Keep the pictures coming!

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
23 Sep 2015 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Cutting 4'' inches off the Umbilical Cored

Simon shaping in the Tail

Cleaning up the Nose Entry on the bottom

Putting the rudder system in on Friday. The board will be glassed next week, but I have to wait 3 weeks for the 4ft by 7ft by 1/4 inch thick Yellow EVA pad to come from the USA.

Tardy
4930 posts
25 Sep 2015 5:21AM
Thumbs Up

Taking shape its gonna be a master piece.are you sure he's good with that hand saw ? Sick bullet.

magillamelb
VIC, 627 posts
25 Sep 2015 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

Where did you get the rudder system from DW?

Bleachy
SA, 80 posts
8 Oct 2015 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

Any update with this board? Very interested to see how it turned out and how it performs!

Cheers,

Bleachy.

Antho
VIC, 509 posts
8 Oct 2015 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

That is a very cool and ambitious project.

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
8 Oct 2015 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely awesome DW.

ET

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
9 Oct 2015 2:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
magillamelb said..

Using the same Rudder System as the one's you see on the Clubbie Ski's

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
9 Oct 2015 2:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bleachy said..
Any update with this board? Very interested to see how it turned out and how it performs!

Cheers,

Bleachy.

LOW PRESSURE UNLIMITED is being glassed today.

Chilebear
128 posts
9 Oct 2015 1:30AM
Thumbs Up

Im looking forward to seeing it too.

Just out of curiosity how do you plan to transport it?

Have you got very long pick up?

lookielookie
QLD, 347 posts
9 Oct 2015 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
10 Oct 2015 4:52AM
Thumbs Up

Just making shore LOW PRESSURE'S bottom curve is right before she get her bottom glassed

Using Double Bias Carbon this stuff is very strong and light, got it at a good price $45 a metre LOW PRESSURE will be glass Top & Bottom in this stuff

I didn't hang around to watch LOW PRESSURE being glassed as Snapper Rocks was PUMPING I wanted to go surfing.

magillamelb
VIC, 627 posts
10 Oct 2015 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

Where did you get the double Bias Carbon from?

Bleachy
SA, 80 posts
10 Oct 2015 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

That board is looking awesome!

I would like to see unlimited boards grow here in Aus and having a few that have been shaped here and designed for Aus conditions could give the class a bit of a boost.

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
13 Oct 2015 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Gary just glassed the bottom with the Double Bias Carbon STOKED there'll be No Flex in LOW PRESSURE she'll be as stiff as. Glassing the Deck tomorrow with another roll of the Double Bias Carbon LOW PRESSURE should come out light and strong. "Yes Please Mr Wizard"

magillamelb
VIC, 627 posts
13 Oct 2015 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Looks great!

Is the board 100g Fibreglass, 150g Double Bias Carbon with 100g Carbon uni's on the rails?

Can you PM me as to where you got the double bias carbon from?

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
13 Oct 2015 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
magillamelb said..
Looks great!

Is the board 100g Fibreglass, 150g Double Bias Carbon with 100g Carbon uni's on the rails?

Can you PM me as to where you got the double bias carbon from?

Sorry magillamelb I have to keep where I got the double bias from a secret.

Tardy
4930 posts
13 Oct 2015 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

It s gonna be a strong mother Phil ..
looking good so far ..alot of sanding to go ..
tardy .

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
20 Oct 2015 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Getting ready to put the rudder system in before we glass the deck with the Double Bias Carbon.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
20 Oct 2015 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Really cool to see the build process of this board.

JohnnyMaya
196 posts
21 Oct 2015 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Phil,

That's an epic thing you've got happening down under.

Could you please give us some insight about that feature on the nose section of the board (deck side)? That Kind of serrated deck. If they were 30 or 45º to the stringer i could see them as a way of keeping the water from flushing through the deck, is that the purpose?

magillamelb
VIC, 627 posts
21 Oct 2015 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Is the steering system SIC or something sourced locally?

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
21 Oct 2015 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..
magillamelb said..

Using the same Rudder System as the one's you see on the Clubbie Ski's

Select to expand quote
magillamelb said..
Is the steering system SIC or something sourced locally?

There's a few companies magillamelb that have coped the SIC rudder system like DC and JM, Like I've already said I'm using the Clubbie Ski system, This mechanism we are using will be the first of it's kind to be used on a unlimited SUP.

Helmy
VIC, 796 posts
22 Oct 2015 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

Magilla, forgot to mention last night - try Jim French Yachts (Moorabbin)or Jim Scott (Formula Sailcraft - Newport) for the carbon

magillamelb
VIC, 627 posts
22 Oct 2015 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the tip Helmster!

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
23 Oct 2015 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Putting in the shell of the Clubbie Rudder System. The beauty about the Clubbie system is I can use thicker cable wire, means easier to make the cables very tight which will make the steering trigger happy responsive. You just want to tap the steering baton to turn the Unlimited SUP with little stress to the big toe.

Also just working on a system on how to lock the rudder fin to make the board go straight, if your in the middle of the ocean and the cable snaps = (no steering) so you can paddle back to the beach after locking rudder fin.

Inserting the rubber cable hose into the deck before the deck can be glassed with the Double Bias Carbon.

Downwinder
QLD, 1996 posts
27 Oct 2015 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Antho
VIC, 509 posts
27 Oct 2015 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Yahoo! That looks WICKED!! You must be pretty stoked at this stage of the build.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"LOW PRESSURE 18'2'' unlimited" started by Downwinder