VIC, 15731 posts
7 Oct 2015 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Who is going..

Kieranr
NSW, 523 posts
8 Oct 2015 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

Really looking forward to this again!!! See you there DJ!!!

JohnPeard
NSW, 21 posts
8 Oct 2015 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, heading down from Sydney on Wednesday plus a mate from SA.

Bnesupgirl
QLD, 24 posts
9 Oct 2015 5:38AM
Thumbs Up

I'll coming down from Brissie for my First Merimbula classic so take it easy on me I heard I might need one of those wetsuit things, what the water isn't nice and warm down there?

bazell
NSW, 104 posts
9 Oct 2015 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

<div class="contain-to-grid">AfricaAsiaAus & PacificEuropeLatin AmericaN AmericaS AmericaMid East

<div class="row">
<div class="large-3 columns">

<div class="row">
<div class="large-12 columns">HOMEAUSTRALIA & PACIFICAUSTRALIAMERIMBULA
<div class="large-12 columns">Merimbula average November sea temperature

<div class="large-8 columns">
<div class="large-5 columns">Max: 20.3°C / 68.6°FAvg: 19°C / 66.2°FMin: 16.9°C / 62.4°FThese figures are calculated from several years of recorded data and are the maximum, minimum and average temperatures of all the recorded years

<div class="large-7 columns">Average daily November sea temperatures
<div class="jqplot-target">
<div class="jqplot-axis jqplot-xaxis">
<div class="jqplot-xaxis-label">Da

Helmy
VIC, 515 posts
9 Oct 2015 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bnesupgirl said..
I'll coming down from Brissie for my First Merimbula classic so take it easy on me I heard I might need one of those wetsuit things, what the water isn't nice and warm down there?

Hey Bnesupgirl, we get to leave our wetsuits at home for Merimbula!!

Nozza
VIC, 1164 posts
9 Oct 2015 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

I couldn't wait so I'm going early - the weekend before

DavidJohn
VIC, 15731 posts
9 Oct 2015 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bnesupgirl said..

See you there..

Here's what to expect.. only better..

DavidJohn
VIC, 15731 posts
9 Oct 2015 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

And this..

DavidJohn
VIC, 15731 posts
9 Oct 2015 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

And this..

deanrobi
VIC, 598 posts
9 Oct 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Beach bar cafe, the best

Deano72
NSW, 533 posts
9 Oct 2015 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Helmy said...
Bnesupgirl said..

Hey Bnesupgirl, we get to leave our wetsuits at home for Merimbula!!

The water's around 19 degrees here at the moment.
If the north easters don't blow too hard between now and late November it'll be at least that warm for the event.
That'll mean steamers for the Qld'ers and boardies for the Vicco's

HGFish
NSW, 143 posts
10 Oct 2015 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nozza said..

Sounds like a good plan, I'll be doing the same again, leaving on Thurs and depending on breaks along the way will get there either Sat or Sun.

Bnesupgirl
QLD, 24 posts
10 Oct 2015 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Can't wait to get down there, such a beautiful part of the coast, I've got my wetty ready to go. And I'll finally get to meet the infamous DJ

Helmy
VIC, 515 posts
12 Oct 2015 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bnesupgirl said...
Can't wait to get down there, such a beautiful part of the coast, I've got my wetty ready to go. And I'll finally get to meet the infamous DJ

You'll probably have to book an audience bnesupgirl!

NNSUP
NSW, 1201 posts
14 Oct 2015 5:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HGFish said...
Nozza said..

Sounds like a good plan, I'll be doing the same again, leaving on Thurs and depending on breaks along the way will get there either Sat or Sun.

It's worth being at the event for Thur and Fri. It never seems the same when you're only there for the weekend. You do miss half the fun. I'd skip the breaks on the way down and be there for the Thur morning briefing.

DavidJohn
VIC, 15731 posts
19 Oct 2015 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

HGFish
NSW, 143 posts
19 Oct 2015 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NNSUP said..

HGFish said...

Nozza said..

It's worth being at the event for Thur and Fri. It never seems the same when you're only there for the weekend. You do miss half the fun. I'd skip the breaks on the way down and be there for the Thur morning briefing.

Absolutely agree, I meant Thurs the week before. 4 days just isn't enough

Casso
NSW, 3344 posts
20 Oct 2015 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Here's some old footage from JB - 2nd year of SUPs at "The Mambo":

itbjam
VIC, 98 posts
20 Oct 2015 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

What date is it on?

DavidJohn
VIC, 15731 posts
20 Oct 2015 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
itbjam said...
What date is it on?

It's on the poster..

John Smythe
NSW, 32 posts
20 Oct 2015 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be going...thats my horse I'll ride it in from Boggy Creek early....and guess what crew,we will extend the happy hour on the Friday until 8:30pm so you can savour fresh local oysters from Wilderness Coast oysters,Eden Mussels,Cranky's Paella wit fresh local seafood,organic spit roast on Wild Rye's bread,and Tilba cheeses.

On Saturday night local band The FIGMENTZ which blew you all away last year has expanded to include John Drews on keyboard plus some brass.....so get ready to mis behave,wear your best uniform....and rage to make Angus or Chrissie proud....

Oh yeah did I mention that the surf will be 6 foot and barreling,..... glassy in the early mornings then..... 20knots nor'easter after that....
thanks for spreading the word DJ

NNSUP
NSW, 1201 posts
20 Oct 2015 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
John Smythe said..
I'll be going...thats my horse I'll ride it in from Boggy Creek early....and guess what crew,we will extend the happy hour on the Friday until 8:30pm so you can savour fresh local oysters from Wilderness Coast oysters,Eden Mussels,Cranky's Paella wit fresh local seafood,organic spit roast on Wild Rye's bread,and Tilba cheeses.

On Saturday night local band The FIGMENTZ which blew you all away last year has expanded to include John Drews on keyboard plus some brass.....so get ready to mis behave,wear your best uniform....and rage to make Angus or Chrissie proud....

Oh yeah did I mention that the surf will be 6 foot and barreling,..... glassy in the early mornings then..... 20knots nor'easter after that....

You better be there. It wouldn't be Merimbula without you at the bar or on the barbie. Unfortunately have to miss this year JS due to racing in WA but will be back next year.

pgc
VIC, 748 posts
21 Oct 2015 12:54AM
Thumbs Up

The tribe and crew are booked and ready. heading up friday before. Cant wait to catch up with deano

AA
NSW, 2078 posts
21 Oct 2015 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

I can confirm that this guy is coming

along with this guy as well!

Should be one fun weekend as usual!

Kieranr
NSW, 523 posts
21 Oct 2015 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
John Smythe said..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!! Yeeeeeewwwwww!!!!!

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
29 Oct 2015 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Gotta love it when you ring to book your Mobile Man Cave site at Tween Waters and they say your already booked and deposit paid - must of done it when I left last year - yyyyiiiiieeeeeewwwww

See you all in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karl69
NSW, 47 posts
30 Oct 2015 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Locked and loaded im coming down i didn't think i would make it agian this year but i was there two years ago and it was awsome. Im heading down from Newcastle the week before, iv got a spare seat in my van if anyone from Newy or the Central Coast wants a ride ??

DavidJohn
VIC, 15731 posts
21 Nov 2015 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

I'll be looking for the dugong..

A rare sighting of a dugong in Merimbula Bay has left locals and tourists amazed. Beth Richards spotted the creature on Wednesday, November 18, when she was with her family trying to catch a glimpse of Merimbula’s resident seal. “At first we thought it was the seal swimming around but then it put it’s head up and it was obvious it was something else,” Ms Richards said. “I had never seen a dugong in the wild before and couldn’t really believe it was right there, so close.”She said the dugong was roughly two and a half metres long and “very fat”. The dugong hung around near the Merimbula Causeway for around 20 minutes before it drifted into Top Lake with the tide. Merimbula Aquarium manager Anthony Daly said it was the first he has heard of a dugong being sighted in Merimbula in around 25 years.

Nozza
VIC, 1164 posts
22 Nov 2015 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

I'm here!!!!
But major embarrassment - I left Melbourne with 3 boards and arrived with two.
The previously unexplained noise happened about 15 minutes the Melbourne side of Cann River, I think.
Could anyone coming down tonight / tomorrow keep an eye out for a possibly damaged 10'6" Fanatic Fly in a Naish bag.
Too far to go back now, will go for a look in the morning.
I think that beats "I left my paddle at Cottesloe" hands down.

E T
QLD, 2171 posts
22 Nov 2015 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nozza said..

I'm here!!!!
But major embarrassment - I left Melbourne with 3 boards and arrived with two.
The previously unexplained noise happened about 15 minutes the Melbourne side of Cann River, I think.
Could anyone coming down tonight / tomorrow keep an eye out for a possibly damaged 10'6" Fanatic Fly in a Naish bag.
Too far to go back now, will go for a look in the morning.
I think that beats "I left my paddle at Cottesloe" hands down.

Yep Noz that does beat leaving a paddle at Cottlesloe.

Hope you find it brother.

ET.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Merimbula Classic 2015" started by DavidJohn