Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Paddle & board transport by air

Created by fox > 9 months ago, 4 May 2015
fox
NSW, 31 posts
4 May 2015 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, suggestions for transporting paddle(s) by air. Trip to Indo getting organized. Include in board bag or multi piece paddle instead?
Also any suggestions for bags eg FO coffins or similar or just pack well in normal travel bag.
Thanks Foxy.

lost at sea
WA, 358 posts
4 May 2015 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Check out flying objects sup travel bag , looks fricken awesome!!!

bspot68
QLD, 166 posts
4 May 2015 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

hey, just got back from fiji with my sup, i put mine boards in 2 covers and haven't had a problem and I've travel OS i bunch of times, and with your paddles go to bunnings and get some 25mm pvc cut it the length of your shaft and then cut it in half long ways and tape around your shaft just to stop it from getting damaged. buy extra weight online always cheaper then at the counter. cheers Brett

cantSUPenough
VIC, 2122 posts
5 May 2015 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bspot68 said..
hey, just got back from fiji with my sup, i put mine boards in 2 covers and haven't had a problem and I've travel OS i bunch of times, and with your paddles go to bunnings and get some 25mm pvc cut it the length of your shaft and then cut it in half long ways and tape around your shaft just to stop it from getting damaged. buy extra weight online always cheaper then at the counter. cheers Brett

Did you put the strengthened paddle in one of the SUP bags (perhaps between the first and second bag)? My concern is that it will break at the neck because of the angle of the paddle.

Kenoo
WA, 115 posts
5 May 2015 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

I put my board in 2 bags with the paddle in its own bag laying on the deck with the blade at the tail (point down, elbow up). Has been carried this way for 8 flights with no issues although my mate carried his the same way but with only 1 board bag and no paddle bag and came home to a squashed shaft on his first flight!

bspot68
QLD, 166 posts
6 May 2015 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

hey had 2 paddles in a paddle bag and had them laying on the deck.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Paddle & board transport by air" started by fox