Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Sup The Gong - Cancelled For 2018

Created by Sunkistcitizens 5 months ago, 9 Jul 2018
Sunkistcitizens
NSW, 32 posts
9 Jul 2018 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

The event has been cancelled for 2018 due to work falling through, pretty down at the moment, so i dont want to hear any negative BS, like on facebook. Thanks for those who have supported the concept, it really means alot.
My lesson out of all of this is the sport of SUP is going to go no where on a grassroots level because of the ego's involved, its like there is a little school kid bullying mentality from a few, personally im glad things turned out the way they did, because now i know.
Don't confuse ego with passion.

The event will be on the 2019 calender.
If your interested in being apart of it let me know because its a team effort that will make this a great event. i have the plans, need help with the execution.

KP.
NSW, 88 posts
9 Jul 2018 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sunkistcitizens said..
The event has been cancelled for 2018 due to work falling through, pretty down at the moment, so i dont want to hear any negative BS, like on facebook. Thanks for those who have supported the concept, it really means alot.
My lesson out of all of this is the sport of SUP is going to go no where on a grassroots level because of the ego's involved, its like there is a little school kid bullying mentality from a few, personally im glad things turned out the way they did, because now i know.
Don't confuse ego with passion.

The event will be on the 2019 calender.
If your interested in being apart of it let me know because its a team effort that will make this a great event. i have the plans, need help with the execution.

Don't let the ego's dictate how you should feel.

Slatz
NSW, 139 posts
9 Jul 2018 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Surf events & clubs are extremely hard to get off the ground, I have set up SUP clubs and ran events in the past and it is hard fricken work.
Don't loose heart, there is a solid crew in the Gong who will be keen to see something progress, and hopefully put up their hand to help out. No drama if it doesn't get going this year, it's still worth putting in some ground work for the future. As I have let you know I am keen to help.
As for Egos.......well, you get that in any sport, you will figure out who is in it for the love and for the long haul, and those who just put **** on people.........those who are willing to help, and those who just want to slap you down.
I've been through it all, and know who to call friends, and know who to call frenemies. You will always get heros in any sport, but there are plenty of good people in the Sydney/Gong SUP scene; as hard as it may seem, try not to let the few spoil it for you.
Hit me up if you need to bounce anything

Casso
NSW, 3490 posts
12 Jul 2018 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Ahhhh spewin'. I was really looking forward to that comp.

tracikay
28 posts
13 Jul 2018 5:42AM
Thumbs Up

Aw man! Just noticed the event was removed from Facebook. Sorry to hear. Sounded like it would have been a fun event. I'll look forward to it in 2019. We need more events around.

chucktheskiffie
200 posts
13 Jul 2018 7:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tracikay said..
Aw man! Just noticed the event was removed from Facebook. Sorry to hear. Sounded like it would have been a fun event. I'll look forward to it in 2019. We need more events around.

When is the 10'6 coming?

surfershaneA
786 posts
3 Aug 2018 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Casso said..
Ahhhh spewin'. I was really looking forward to that comp.

Not that you wouldn't have been welcome? One of the few who try to make others feel included and encouge healthy competition?

surfershaneA
786 posts
3 Aug 2018 9:36AM
Thumbs Up

@Sun Kissed.

Dude, your one of the only people I know who will keep banging your head into a brick wall until it falls.

Hopefully next year. I might even give it a go!

waterman4
1 posts
8 Aug 2018 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hey I would like to join a sup crew. My name is Phil and I have been supping for a few seasons. My local is the farm. Ph 0423945190 cheers.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Sup The Gong - Cancelled For 2018" started by Sunkistcitizens