chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Oct 2017 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
First round complete Socceroos tonight.

The boys will be nervous tonight...

Kevin Muscat has already taken the win for dickhead of the year awards after last week's dose of bad sportsmanship

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
10 Oct 2017 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Kevin Muscat has already taken the win for dickhead of the year awards after last week's dose of bad sportsmanship

Isn't he a shocker! That was a disgrace!

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
10 Oct 2017 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sandsy1 said..

chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Isn't he a shocker! That was a disgrace!

I missed it but he goes nuts every game even when his team is winning.

wavemaniac
465 posts
10 Oct 2017 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Muskoont and Trisha Berisha alternate each year for that award.

ANGE OUT!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Oct 2017 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Is it that time of the year again!!!

You know when mac posts an Aleague thread .

Oh well. Back to sleep

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
10 Oct 2017 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Off to a shocker start

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
10 Oct 2017 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Oh what a goal

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
10 Oct 2017 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Extra time

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Oct 2017 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

They are killing me... they have out hustled us in the box and unfazed by our feeble attacking .... and I'm not confident at all ??

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
10 Oct 2017 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

Timmy again

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Oct 2017 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

I'm exhausted

wavemaniac
465 posts
11 Oct 2017 1:50AM
Thumbs Up

Ange OUT!....

At home, everything to play for....cant even get a win in ordinary time!

We should be thankful that Tim is so good with his head and so committed to the NT.

Doesnt say a lot for our junior development system when we HAVE to rely on a 38yo.

When he retires,theres a HUGE gap.

wavemaniac
465 posts
12 Oct 2017 4:14AM
Thumbs Up

FC into the Cup Final....lets hope the Westys beat Adelaide and its SHOWTIME!

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
12 Oct 2017 6:26AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like Ange is going to walk.

wavemaniac
465 posts
12 Oct 2017 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

Its appropriate he goes...his system would work with players like Barca have....NOT what the Socceroos have.

He was saved by the post on Tuesday, extra time to beat a team from where a civil war and insurgency is happening.WHO cant even play a home game!...We were saved by a freak, the best header of the ball Australias seen...and at his peak with Everton,made the best defenders in the toughest league look ordinary.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
12 Oct 2017 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavemaniac said..
Its appropriate he goes...his system would work with players like Barca have....NOT what the Socceroos have.

He was saved by the post on Tuesday, extra time to beat a team from where a civil war and insurgency is happening.WHO cant even play a home game!...We were saved by a freak, the best header of the ball Australias seen...and at his peak with Everton,made the best defenders in the toughest league look ordinary.

That is so short sighted... Syria played how the aussies used to,fearlessly and with venom. All the hardships you described to make Syria look like easy beats is even more humorous...passion rises in those who are the underdog, when everyone says it can't be done,well pride and mateship can overcome all your reasons why tgey are easy beats...just like our next opponents in Honduras and also us aussies for many years

And talking about saved by the post is laughable ,that is football. We should have got through against the thais, but how many times did the woodwork hurt us? Yep more than once

the argies needed a messi hat trick to get through ,JUST.

The yanks are gone from a conference designed to get them through

Ange has got a poorly skilled side to work with compared to previous sides ,and needs to try something.

We play his system well ,and we look good ...until we get into the box. We haven't got a striker who can find the cobwebs in the net and it shows in our results

So many experts

Go the aussies

wavemaniac
465 posts
12 Oct 2017 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Short sighted, have a friggin look...the players are good enough but not for Anges vision of what he wants.They are at a similar level that qualified directly under Holger.Coaching football isnt rocket science, a point away and 3 at home isnt difficult in Asia with the players we have.

Ange has a "poorly skilled" side?????....They are all fulltime professionals,some playing in the top or secondy tiers of Euro football....those clubs sign quality players.

The only thing poor about the Socceroos is the system they are forced to play.

Any coach taking the team to Japan would have parked the bus,except for Ange.We needed a point but got exposed by his system.

BUT....didnt we "look good"....ha ha....until you look at how many goals that system leaks.

Qualifying is worth around $15million to our federation,they picked the wrong guy to get us there.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Oct 2017 4:25AM
Thumbs Up

70 shots on goal in 4 games providing four goals and you want to blame ange

We only beat Uruguay in penalties thanks to a superman effort from the big man in goal,aloisi would not even had a shot at goal much to say become a nationak hero in fact we struggled to get to the world cup full stop.

I love when people call other nations easy beats,Thailand's king had just died, pretty much their god and you think easy win. When in fact the whoke football world besides you thought they would die to win that game for the king

You summed up where our players are coming from,pretty much all lowly clubs,no powerhouses in there. The brazzos export 4000 players a year to international clubs.... and we have how many ?

You must just look at the internet comments to make your knowledgeable comments,because what I have watched showed players lacking skills,especially against side like Japan. Park the bus against them and they would have destroyed us,and people like you wm would start bashing on the keyboard that we didnt try and sack ange

I bet you would love to see Arnold take the reins as well lol

Stick to your homophobic slurs on the roosters,sums up so much about the author when all they can do is call people ****ters and what not

So many experts

Go the Aussies

wavemaniac
465 posts
13 Oct 2017 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

well Chrispy, you must be an expert!

But my history as a RL player and Soccer is reasonable.
Captained my school team in RL but had to give it away aged 12 due to Asthma.Plenty of my mates who i was as good as or better than,were graded.A few played first grade.

I took to Soccer because there was rest time and i could recover.Retired at age 40.During that time i played with and against guys that had at some stages played for some reasonable teams,i wont list their names but i will list the teams they played for.
SOCCEROOS,Chile,Hungary,Wales,England,Scotland,Yugoslavia.
Totenham,West Brom,Liverpool,Norwich,Barnet,Man city,Man U,Hibernian,Glasgow Rangers
Locally...Sydney City,Stgeorge BP,Marconi,Apia,Sutherland,Yugal,Rockdale Suns,Melita,Polonia Northside,Sydney Croatia
Ive probably forgotten a few but so what.
As a coach and administrator ive built clubs from a rock bottom position to the pinnacle of winning premier leagues and sometimes getting to finals of champions of champions and the Amatuer cup.

I was a park player and enjoyed every minute of that and the coaching/admin roles i took on.

So Chrispy, tell me your expertise....you know it all?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Oct 2017 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavemaniac said..
well Chrispy, you must be an expert!

But my history as a RL player and Soccer is reasonable.
Captained my school team in RL but had to give it away aged 12 due to Asthma.Plenty of my mates who i was as good as or better than,were graded.A few played first grade.

I took to Soccer because there was rest time and i could recover.Retired at age 40.During that time i played with and against guys that had at some stages played for some reasonable teams,i wont list their names but i will list the teams they played for.
SOCCEROOS,Chile,Hungary,Wales,England,Scotland,Yugoslavia.
Totenham,West Brom,Liverpool,Norwich,Barnet,Man city,Man U,Hibernian,Glasgow Rangers
Locally...Sydney City,Stgeorge BP,Marconi,Apia,Sutherland,Yugal,Rockdale Suns,Melita,Polonia Northside,Sydney Croatia
Ive probably forgotten a few but so what.
As a coach and administrator ive built clubs from a rock bottom position to the pinnacle of winning premier leagues and sometimes getting to finals of champions of champions and the Amatuer cup.

I was a park player and enjoyed every minute of that and the coaching/admin roles i took on.

So Chrispy, tell me your expertise....you know it all?

You might have played with or against my brothers. One played in a few nsl sides before playing overseas and has a academy running to this day. My other brother was a assistant coach for a premier league club . I grew up with a lot of football people...

Me I played until I was 15,played league and football on the same weekend . I was offered a scholarship for league and took it

not a expert,but by your credentials you should be , but i obviously see the game way differently than you,and the people who sat at my family dinner table believed it should be the beautiful game and preached that philosophy ,and so do I...

So you with all your self praise ,maybe you should replace ange

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Oct 2017 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

And you don't really answer anything I have replied to anyway. Just how good you are/were

I also have asthma, but broke school records swimming
Edit and what a load of crock from a expert coach and administrator, I was a champion at 12 but had to give it away. Champion at 12,i knew plenty of champions that were 20 and never made the grade,either through not wanting to train,work or family.

The self serving dead wood of the nsl still haunts our game in places that still suprise me

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
13 Oct 2017 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Good posts chaps and respect to both for having an opinion it's a forum remember, Wavemanic I always knew you were an educated footballer, I was born in red and white Middlesbrough FC and played for years, my father was one of the first official referees and formed clubs in Brisbane one wore Crystal Palace colours my brother placed for QLD me Brisbane in rep sides until politics came into it and I gave it away, son played I coach for 10 years played over 35's until I couldn't. So it's great to have passionate people talking football life you guys, oh I do surf with an A league players father and one of my good mates son played 2nd for Wednesday and A League for SFC.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
14 Oct 2017 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

I too am an expert!!!!!.
Played church soccer right up to 12 years old..made the local rep side.

so take that.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Oct 2017 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I too am an expert!!!!!.

so take that.

It's funny because I was not going to get into all that,and semi regret replying.

The most knowledgeable person I know in the game was injured at 15 and never played again.... yet I love talking football with him,and so do all the team's that have hired him over the years as a consultant

I still believe we should be getting our kids playing futsal along with their park game... the game develops so much more skill than most training sessions... my brother disagrees as he is all about the Italian way ..but what do I know as he tells me

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
14 Oct 2017 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I too am an expert!!!!!.

so take that.

My mate Peter Mellor played church soccer back then you may remember him Lacey,I watched a few of his games and they were violent.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
14 Oct 2017 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

I'm no expert,my parents put me in the under 8's local soccer team,my first game the ball came to me and I picked it up and ran with itThe ref blew his whistle and my parents said I had a look on my face like "whats wrong"haha.The next year they put me into rugby league of coarse where I played for 10 years

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Oct 2017 5:15AM
Thumbs Up

Stoked to watch melb city beat melb victory

Sydney didnt watch it or listen to it, how did they play for their 3-2 win?

Am hating the fox/10 coverage compared to sbs of years gone by.

Not a fan of bosnic, need a puking emoji on here

SP
10979 posts
16 Oct 2017 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Stoked to watch melb city beat melb victory

Sydney didnt watch it or listen to it, how did they play for their 3-2 win?

Am hating the fox/10 coverage compared to sbs of years gone by.

Not a fan of bosnic, need a puking emoji on here

And add in Andy Harper, he is a flog.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"A League 2017/18" started by Macaha