Forums > Surfing Longboarding

QANTAS Fokker 100 max longboard length?

Created by GPA > 9 months ago, 2 Feb 2018
GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Feb 2018 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

Knowing some of you blokes are well travelled I thought I'd post this question here... I have a trip planned to Exmouth in June, departing from Perth. There looks to be a decent break up there that seems to favour a LB. QANTAS allow LB's (and fishing rods and kayaks) to a maximum length of 9'1" (277cm). I have a 9'6" and I believe some of you have got away flying with a 9'6" but would be interested to know if anyone knows for sure if this can be done on a Fokker 100 aircraft? I have tried to Google Fokker 100 cargo length limits, but keep getting tonnage results.

I'm happy to pay a fee (it will be cheaper than hiring a board for 8 days), but do not want to get to the airport and be turned away.

Thanks in advance.

PS - hope you all get some waves this weekend, because it's FLAT FLAT FLAT in Perth metro...
PPS - yes, I know I can ring QANTAS, but reckon I'll just get a numpty who won't really know and will just trot out the same info as the website.

thePup
13831 posts
2 Feb 2018 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Drive yourself & call in on a heap of spots along the way

Cobra
9106 posts
2 Feb 2018 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Virgin and Garuda no excess luggage and size limit.**** all the rest.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Feb 2018 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Done that. It's the Mrs holiday to swim with the Whale Sharks... (I got Hawaii last year and next year ) and we don't want to spend 14hrs in the car each way; which realistically is two days each way - so that's four days of annual leave gone... plus my back would be wrecked.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Feb 2018 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Virgin and Garuda no excess luggage and size limit.**** all the rest.

Pretty sure only QANTAS fly this route... at least that's all I can find.

thePup
13831 posts
4 Feb 2018 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

thePup said..

Done that. It's the Mrs holiday to swim with the Whale Sharks... (I got Hawaii last year and next year ) and we don't want to spend 14hrs in the car each way; which realistically is two days each way - so that's four days of annual leave gone... plus my back would be wrecked.

Understandable yep

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"QANTAS Fokker 100 max longboard length?" started by GPA