Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

Moses W1100 wing?

Created by ZeroVix Thursday, 8 Apr 2021
ZeroVix
99 posts
Thursday , 8 Apr 2021 6:44AM
Thumbs Up

Any reviews for heavier riders using the W1100 front wing? Is the 95cm aluminum mast good or spend the extra for the carbon mast?

Faff
VIC, 867 posts
Thursday , 8 Apr 2021 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ZeroVix said..
Any reviews for heavier riders using the W1100 front wing? Is the 95cm aluminum mast good or spend the extra for the carbon mast?

I wonder why it's not officially endorsed by Moses as suitable for windfoiling.

ZeroVix
99 posts
Thursday , 8 Apr 2021 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Faff said..

ZeroVix said..

I wonder why it's not officially endorsed by Moses as suitable for windfoiling.

US dealer recommends it. Likes it a lot for wide boards and heavier dudes. I am looking for actual feedback from riders.

Paducah
1339 posts
Thursday , 8 Apr 2021 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Until someone pipes up, local guys from 75-90 kg have it and use it quite often. In light winds, preferred to the 790 and it's thin enough that it's pleasantly fast enough. Game changer for my 90kg bud who often sails it with a 6.0 in pretty light (12-15 kts?) at times. One tendency I've noticed is they like it enough that sometimes when the wind picks up they are slow to go to a smaller wing or sail and seem to overpower a bit sooner than I think they should.

Grantmac
777 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 12:04AM
Thumbs Up

I know someone who likes it but recently started using their new HA wing the 950 I think? He seems to say that it doesn't give up any low end but is faster. He's 90kg and likes going fast.

ZeroVix
99 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 12:58AM
Thumbs Up

Can anyone comment on the Moses 95cm carbon and aluminum mast. Are they locked-in or noodly?

Moses dealer thinks that the 1100 is much better suited for windfoiling vs LA foils (W873/790), as it runs at least 5 mph faster and the wider span is better for wider boards.

airsail
QLD, 579 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 5:14AM
Thumbs Up

The 1100 now has M8 screws used for mounting, so your going to need a new fuselage to fit one.

r3st0ck
8 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 4:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ZeroVix said..
Can anyone comment on the Moses 95cm carbon and aluminum mast. Are they locked-in or noodly?

Moses dealer thinks that the 1100 is much better suited for windfoiling vs LA foils (W873/790), as it runs at least 5 mph faster and the wider span is better for wider boards.

I ride a Carbon 95cm Mast. Actually with an Adaptorplate so its even larger 105cm. It feels stiff and nicely balanced but wouldn't say locked in. If you search a race mast check out the M107.

ZeroVix
99 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
r3st0ck said..

ZeroVix said..

I ride a Carbon 95cm Mast. Actually with an Adaptorplate so its even larger 105cm. It feels stiff and nicely balanced but wouldn't say locked in. If you search a race mast check out the M107.

M107 doesn't work with 1100 wing. I wish it did. Maybe I will wait for the Phantasm mast/fuse and use the 1100 with that. By then they will have there own line of HA big cm2 wings (PFH 1156).

simonp123
79 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ZeroVix said..

In my experience there is no relationship between foil wingspan and board width.

simonp123
79 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
airsail said..
The 1100 now has M8 screws used for mounting, so your going to need a new fuselage to fit one.

The new Moses wings that support M8 are supplied with M8 screws, M6 screws and countersink adapter washers for M6. The countersink washers mean you can still mount the wings on fuselages with M6 threads:

sabfoil.com/en/products/washer-adapter-m8-m6

airsail
QLD, 579 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
simonp123 said..

airsail said..

The new Moses wings that support M8 are supplied with M8 screws, M6 screws and countersink adapter washers for M6. The countersink washers mean you can still mount the wings on fuselages with M6 threads:

sabfoil.com/en/products/washer-adapter-m8-m6

But if the manufacturer has identified that the M6 screws aren't really strong enough for the 1100 and modified the wing for M8's, you would only use them as a temporary fix.

AlexF
339 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Will the Phantasm have M6 or M8 screws?

simonp123
79 posts
Friday , 9 Apr 2021 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AlexF said..
Will the Phantasm have M6 or M8 screws?

It's got M6 screws. However, some of the early details suggested 5 screws in the front wing rather than Moses's 3. The Phantasm Kite 633 has 3 M6 screws

horey69
QLD, 405 posts
Saturday , 10 Apr 2021 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,
The Phantasm Wind package (that will be released on the 4th of May) comes with the 103 w(wide) mast the 872 fuse & PFI 730 front wing.
There will be an adaptor to allow the Phantasm to be used with both deep and standard tuttle.
The screws are M6 on all Phantasm foils.
There will also be an adaptor to the hover glide mast, so Phantasm wing, stab, fuse & HG mast and either connection to the board.
If you are and Instagram user fine wyattmiller525 he is the Slingshot wind Surf & wind wing brand manager.

Grant (Slingshot Australia Communications manager)

ZeroVix
99 posts
Saturday , 10 Apr 2021 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
horey69 said..
Hey guys,
The Phantasm Wind package (that will be released on the 4th of May) comes with the 103 w(wide) mast the 872 fuse & PFI 730 front wing.
There will be an adaptor to allow the Phantasm to be used with both deep and standard tuttle.
The screws are M6 on all Phantasm foils.
There will also be an adaptor to the hover glide mast, so Phantasm wing, stab, fuse & HG mast and either connection to the board.
If you are and Instagram user fine wyattmiller525 he is the Slingshot wind Surf & wind wing brand manager.

Grant (Slingshot Australia Communications manager)

I wish this would be true. I already had the date on my calendar. I also had January 12 on my calendar, waiting for the new Wingcraft. Nothing happened until early March. I felt like my son waiting for a new release from Kanye. Lots of promotion, pictures, tributes to Donda and he goes in hiding.

We are all waiting for over 2 years for this to be released. Vendors are calling it vapourware and not even counting on it. I hope they are proven wrong. I was hoping to see the 934 fuse, PFI 835 & PFH 1156 wings. You are saying that there will be an adapter for the HG mast? I would love to see that adapter. I know that one can't use the HG wings. Even after the letdown, I am still exited. Something wrong with me.

horey69
QLD, 405 posts
Today , 11 Apr 2021 5:51AM
Thumbs Up

I'm the Slinshot Australia communications manager, we too have those come on moments with the Phantasm release dates.
I personally waited 2 years to get my Phantasm 730 set up.
The date was moved from April to May the 4th.
Those two wing you mentioned are not in this release, they may have been prototypes.
Grant ??????

ZeroVix
99 posts
Today , 11 Apr 2021 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
horey69 said..
I'm the Slinshot Australia communications manager, we too have those come on moments with the Phantasm release dates.
Those two wing you mentioned are not in this release, they may have been prototypes.
Grant ??????

I got the information on a Phantasm flyer that was leaked some time ago. What are the details of the adapter? Will it have a collar like the original Hoverglide system and what material will be used for the adapter?

horey69
QLD, 405 posts
2 hours ago , 11 Apr 2021 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ZeroVix said..

horey69 said..
Grant ??????

I got the information on a Phantasm flyer that was leaked some time ago. What are the details of the adapter? Will it have a collar like the original Hoverglide system and what material will be used for the adapter?

The info that was around is pretty much spot on, the wind foil base plate has a point at the front so think like the bottom of an iron. The mast is stiffer and wider hence the 103w coding.

There are two adaptors one bolts to the base plate if the Phantasm base plate then connects to Tuttle connection on any board.

The other allows the use of the standard Hoverglide mast with either Tuttle or base plate connection then the adaptor connects between the bottom of the HG mast and the Phantasm fuselage.

Not sure of the dates for the adaptors but will know more soon.

Grant

horey69
QLD, 405 posts
2 hours ago , 11 Apr 2021 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ZeroVix said..

horey69 said..
Grant ??????

The info that was around is pretty much spot on, the wind foil base plate has a point at the front so think like the bottom of an iron. The mast is stiffer and wider hence the 103w coding.

There are two adaptors one bolts to the base plate if the Phantasm base plate then connects to Tuttle connection on any board.

The other allows the use of the standard Hoverglide mast with either Tuttle or base plate connection then the adaptor connects between the bottom of the HG mast and the Phantasm fuselage.

Not sure of the dates for the adaptors but will know more soon.

Grant

Samkyo
63 posts
11 minutes ago , 11 Apr 2021 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hello,

Super news for the adaptor to use the HG mast on phantasm fuselage.
got some questions, I do windfoil, kitefoil and now wing foil and the HG system is great to switch between sport. Do the 103W mast compatible with shorter fuselage for kite and wing?
will slingshot produce an adaptor or a new fuselage to use the HG wing on the carbon mast as advert on one of the first HG flyer the idea was just perfect to allow system upgrade don't understood why it disappear.

For the phantasm kit that will be released in May base on the flyer below the PFI wing look like an upgraded I76 wing will they launch the PFH and PTM wing soon? As it look like for me actual HG owner more interesting to access at high aspect wing in addition at my actual quiver.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"Moses W1100 wing?" started by ZeroVix