Forums > Windsurfing General

Cain's Wave

Created by divaldo > 9 months ago, 16 Jun 2015
divaldo
SA, 2846 posts
16 Jun 2015 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Some long waves being ridden here in SA, I think Cain was a bit tired at the end of this one,

(and yes, thanks for correcting me grammar police)

xoff
QLD, 99 posts
16 Jun 2015 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey divaldo. Looks like a great wave/setup there. Enjoyed the vid and your other one.
Bit off topic but would like to film some local footage/legends like you've done, ok the setup is not that good.
Was wondering what video camera/price and how far from the action you are?
Probably should start another thread but this footage and your other vid look sweeet

PhilSWR
NSW, 1104 posts
17 Jun 2015 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

Nice long wave, looks like great fun.

I've been going through a few of your clips Dave., and I have to say I'm impressed. I especially like this one. Just looks inviting. And I like the creative camera work- sliding shots, interesting depth of field etc. Keen to hear what gear you are using also. Cheers mate.

divaldo
SA, 2846 posts
17 Jun 2015 12:48AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the compliments guys, I love shooting and editing up these clips so the SA sailors get to see their sessions. We are lucky here in SA to have great locations for wave sailing.
I am using a canon 7D with a trusty 100-400mm lense. I also have a nice 18-55mm sigma for the wide stuff. A very sturdy tripod for lots of wind, a bit of gopro for sail mounted stuff (I'm not game enough to float around for water shots)
I also have a slider to get the cool slidey shots
I also just purchased a drone, but that will be for sup vids, not good in windy spots over water
I edit everything up in Final Cut Pro (it does everything I need)
As far as cost, I'm sort of in the middle to lower end of the expense scale. What I have purchased over the last few years is more than adequate. But if you wanted to grab similar gear off eBay you might spend $3k?

PhilSWR
NSW, 1104 posts
17 Jun 2015 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info. I'm just starting to be a bit more creative with clips, inspired by footage like yours.

I have a Canon D600 with 18-200 Sigma, tripod and Gopro, so halfway there... Just bought a camera stabilizer yesterday, so keen to start filming again.

Anyway, keep 'em coming. Always good to see well put together windsurfing clips.

musorianin
QLD, 200 posts
17 Jun 2015 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Agree with all above. Great to see really well done footage of just real, good locals doing their stuff well and having fun (and actually stacking sometimes). Refreshing after the all the super edited, super-freakish, never see the spills, near-unreality stuff from the (for most of us) unapproachable gods. Keep it up. Great sailing and great camera work. Makes me want to be out there (instead of in this &*^%#%R*$@&^&ing office) way more than any commercial stuff. Thanks. (Back to work…sigh)

xoff
QLD, 99 posts
17 Jun 2015 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah cheers divaldo. Hope it blows for you. Keep em coming

russh
SA, 2912 posts
17 Jun 2015 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Can I join this Lano Love in.................

Its awesome after a weekend of waves ( surf SUPn or sailing) to open up the computer later in the week and re-live it with Dave's take on the session and all the crew having a blast - I think you've captured SA Wave sailing for the past 5 or so years and they just keep getting better.

Love the West Coast Vids - the Beachport vids in fact love them all

Roll on Sellicks summer days and beers on the rocks and Late winter Day st floggings

Keep em coming Dave
(Sunday - mid coast 20-25 knt Northerly)

divaldo
SA, 2846 posts
17 Jun 2015 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

oh stop it you guys!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Cain's Wave" started by divaldo