9 Mar 2016 8:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Great!

azymuth
WA, 665 posts
13 Apr 2016 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Here's an update, received today from Cottesloe Council. Seems largely positive so far .

Sailing craft?

stehsegler
WA, 2974 posts
13 Apr 2016 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

This is pretty vague if you ask me. Does this mean you are not allowed to use the area South of the break water? Also, what about the area up near Swanbourne Nedlands Surf Life Saving club? I know there are quite a few people kite boarding. Is that a different council?

Perhaps they should add that this applies between October and March... it's not like you'll get a large number of people going to the beach outside of those months. This way it would still open up the entire area without having run ins with rangers trying to make their quota in tickets.

snake
WA, 46 posts
15 Apr 2016 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Please correct me if I've missed something in the response (I've got the same one), but are we now conceding the main dutchies rigging/playground/shower area completely? Where is the mention of Beaches St for example?

kd
WA, 63 posts
15 Apr 2016 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Yes the groin has been left out according to the letter.Those concerned should contact Garry Bird 92855000 at the Cottesloe council.
He seemed a little unsure this morning regarding the position of Beach st in relation to the groin.Friendly and easy to speak to.

azymuth
WA, 665 posts
16 Apr 2016 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
snake said..
Please correct me if I've missed something in the response (I've got the same one), but are we now conceding the main dutchies rigging/playground/shower area completely? Where is the mention of Beaches St for example?

Well spotted Jake - I assumed Princess Street was Beach Street, hopefully the Council have made the same mistake. Never noticed the road names before.
I'll reply to Council stating that we'd like the windsurfing area to extend to Beach St.
Encourage others to do the same.

Plainview
WA, 144 posts
16 Apr 2016 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

I have also sent a polite note to Cott Council pointing this out. If you go back to the original post in this thread, Cott Council (Jane Pryvis) was proposing the windsurfing zone extended to the Groyne / Beach Street. So that's what we all commented on. Hopefully the acknowledgement letter (that I also got) is just an error, otherwise they have moved the goal posts after we all commented.

azymuth
WA, 665 posts
18 Apr 2016 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

We're still on track - today's reply

suncity65
2 posts
18 Apr 2016 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

Oh, this is all a bit silly and makes me agro.
How about Cott Council focus on making Marine Parade safer? That's far more of a riskier proposition than a bunch of Windsurfers and Kiters getting out there on a windy day. There's been multiple fatalities on that road one of which I was unfortunate enough to witness a couple of years ago.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Cottesloe councillor: Dutch Inn changes" started by alverstone