Forums > Windsurfing General

Divaldo in Maui

Created by divaldo > 9 months ago, 15 Aug 2008
divaldo
SA, 2846 posts
15 Aug 2008 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

A few of is went to Maui last month, here is my Blog if any of you are keen for a read.......

lanoworld.blogspot.com/

Bertie
WA, 1297 posts
15 Aug 2008 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

yep i hate you so much right now.
looks like you had a great time.
Any dramas sharing the breaks with the locals??
many crowds??

divaldo
SA, 2846 posts
15 Aug 2008 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Bertie said...

yep i hate you so much right now.
looks like you had a great time.
Any dramas sharing the breaks with the locals??
many crowds??

No issues what so ever, only problem we had was where to get the best coffee in the morning and the wind was a bit light in the first week. Also our credit card balance doesnt look too good at the moment

ka43
NSW, 2840 posts
15 Aug 2008 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Love the blog Divaldo, Everyone who goes to Maui misses it big time when they get back. Sounds like you had a blast.

GoMaui
VIC, 14 posts
15 Aug 2008 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

I was there from 4-17 July. Had 4 days of wind. Wind came back on my last day and seems to have been windy since then. Unlucky me..

sick_em_rex
NSW, 1582 posts
15 Aug 2008 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

A great read Divaldo. I broke my cheekbone trying a loop at Kanaha when I was there in 91. Only knew it was cracked cause when I blew my nose my cheek filled up with snot I kept on sailing though cause it was Maui and nothing was going to stop me enjoying myself there!
One day I'll get back there

red
VIC, 709 posts
15 Aug 2008 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

awesome divaldo..

bubs
SA, 924 posts
16 Aug 2008 12:21AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome Dave wish i was there mate. No wind and cold back here which was no good. Probably catch you on the water sometime soon. You should head round here to say hi and recount lol. You only live 30 seconds away you muppet lol, i ride past your place often. Anyway seya soon, loved your blog too.

Cheers
Bubs

P.S: I have sold both my naish enduro 105 and starboard kombat 85 so now have no board. Not to worry though, im soon to get an S-type 93 from one of the guys so cant wait to try that. Should be awesome fun. Managed to get a bit of money back in my bank account (windsurfing drains it pretty well) and also one less board now which is a bit more ideal. Talk soon.

ralph9
NSW, 22 posts
16 Aug 2008 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Good read.
I went to Maui in June this year as it was hard to get cheap flights in July because of that World Youth Day event. As it turned out I was lucky. I sailed 15/16 days on sails from 4.0 to 5.4. I read that the wind at the start of July was light. It was the lightest I've heard of for that time of year. In 17 Maui trips I've never seen it that light. No one seemed to know why it was so unseasonally light.

Mobydisc
NSW, 8587 posts
16 Aug 2008 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

ralph9 said...

In 17 Maui trips I've never seen it that light. No one seemed to know why it was so unseasonally light.

Global warming

Causes everything from strong winds, doldrums, storms, droughts, floods, blizzards, cyclones and heatwaves.

None of these weather conditions happened in the old days.

Great read. The house you lived in looked good. Pay off your credit card and put $200 a week in for next year's Maui fund.

divaldo
SA, 2846 posts
16 Aug 2008 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

The wind was light in Maui early July, most likely due to the hurricane / storm / low pressure system that had set itself up near the coast of Mexico, thats what the locals were saying anyways. The wind had a lot more north in it this year, meaning that Kihei was sailable more than I have ever known it to be. Seems strange that you can have 12-15 knots at Kanaha and you are sailing parallel to the coast, then 20 minutes drive you can get 25-30 knots howing offshores at Kihei, almost as though the wind is compressed as it travels between the mountain ranges - quite unique

Rider5
WA, 567 posts
16 Aug 2008 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

That's a cool blog, brings back memories for me, thanks.

robbo1111
NSW, 497 posts
16 Aug 2008 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Heading to Maui tonight, 2 years since my last trip can't wait to get there.

Wet Willy
TAS, 2237 posts
17 Aug 2008 12:56AM
Thumbs Up

B@$t@rd

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Divaldo in Maui" started by divaldo