Forums > Windsurfing General

Easter...

Created by AlphaCompany > 9 months ago, 8 Feb 2008
AlphaCompany
QLD, 10 posts
8 Feb 2008 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Providing it isn't ALL booked out can someone offer some good sailing places to head at Easter? 4 hours south or 4 hours north of Brisbane is what I am after.

I have a 4WD and Camper trailer so access isn't a problem. somehwere quiet is preferred.

I have been thinking North of Coffs along the beach somewhere or north at Burrum heads/ Woodgate.

Cheers,

AlphaCompany..

stribo
QLD, 1628 posts
8 Feb 2008 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

With the level of ability you discribed . I reckon Lake Cootharabah would be a winner for you and your family. Shallow vast expanse of water great for beginners.If you get in trouble you can walk home But beware Easter can be busy and it usualy rains and blows like hell!!

AlphaCompany
QLD, 10 posts
8 Feb 2008 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Stribo, but I have done the zoo that is Lake Cootharabah at Easter and would prefer to give it a miss. Classic set-up during the week though, that was the first place I took my little one out... got pitched 100m out, stood up and sailed back - and no crowds!!

AC

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
8 Feb 2008 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Robes classic, bit more than 4 hours though

knot board
QLD, 1241 posts
8 Feb 2008 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be staying at Burrum for easter for the Fishing Classic.
I will be taking sailing gear of course.

Increased boat traffic and people fishing off the speed strip may be an issue.
I'm banking on the theory that the wind will drive the fisherman away so the two activities shouldn't interfere so much with each other.

PM me if you want more info about Burrum or to hook up for a sail.

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
8 Feb 2008 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

divaldo said...

Robes classic, bit more than 4 hours though

Hey Divaldo, thinking of taking the family to Beachport (Robe) for easter.......family time, hopefully get a little sailing in?!?

Is there anything on? Or free-for-all?

[Edit] - (oops, sorry for dropping in.....Yeah, um, Burrum sounds the ducks' !)

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Easter..." started by AlphaCompany