Forums > Windsurfing General

Kode 72-2013 - Wave- set up -

Created by probella 4 months ago, 14 Jun 2018
probella
7 posts
14 Jun 2018 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,
currently using my twinser board on a single fin, however i was wondering if i could use the board with two small thrusters and a centre fin.
is it possible and what fin & thruster size do you reccomend?
also if using single fin what size do you reccomend?
tried it as a twinser but not happy at all

many thanks and await for your advice

Probellacy

gorgesailor
108 posts
14 Jun 2018 1:34AM
Thumbs Up

I don't think this applies to the 2013. If I remember right the 2013 is set up as a Twin w/ Single fin option, you cannot set it up as a Thruster & have the side fins in the correct position. If I were you I would try oversizing the Twin fins first until you get used to it, then go smaller to gain even more maneuverability. You may be able to set it up as a Twin with trailer fin option with small fin in rear of center box. This might give you a bit more directional stability, but I've never tried it. Me, I love the feeling of Twin, but it takes some getting used to...

probella
7 posts
14 Jun 2018 2:25AM
Thumbs Up

Thank you so much for your advice, i guess i have to turn back to twinser and get use to it,

cheers

Mark _australia
WA, 18285 posts
14 Jun 2018 7:31AM
Thumbs Up

Agreed with gorge- you don't have to - probably would be great as a trailer. Pair of 14s and a 10 roughly?

Mastbender
1777 posts
14 Jun 2018 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

I have one of those boards, and my answer would be no, the fins are too close together, so it would slow the board down.
But I did try my set of twins (Makani Walu2 16cm) with a stubnub in the middle (about 6cm), and to the rear of the box, and it worked pretty well. I borrowed the stubnub just to try it out, it gave me a little more upwind ability but not really that much, a little more solid tracking, but not really that much, didn't seem to slow the board down, but I never got around to getting one of my own. Being cheap, I thought $26 was a bit much for that little thing, which offered barely perceptible improvement. Other fin companies offer various versions of the Stubnub or Nubster.

gorgesailor
108 posts
14 Jun 2018 11:47PM
Thumbs Up

If you decide to try the Twin w/Trailer fin set-up check out the Patrik T-wave for fin size recommendations...

patrik-windsurf.com/t-wave/

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Kode 72-2013 - Wave- set up -" started by probella