Thumbs Up

LORD HOWE ISLAND WINTER WINDSURF TRIP 2009
DATES – AUGUST 1-14
CONDITIONS – BUMP & JUMP, SPEED, WAVES
20-35K.
EQUIPMENT – 2009 JP/PRYDE SUPPLIED BY WINDSURF N SNOW
RENTAL WILL BE AVAILABLE.
PRICES –
ACCOMMODATION - $375 Per WEEK PER PERSON.
GEAR TRANSPORT - $250 INCLUDES 1 BOARD, 1 BOOM, MAST & 2 SAILS UP TO 71 KG. ANYTHING OVER @ $3.50 PER KG. RATE IS TO AND FROM ISLAND EX PORT MACQUARIE.

AIRFARES – ORGANISE YOUR OWN THRU QANTAS
OR FLIGHTS OUT OF PORT MACQUARIE WITH
MACQUARIE AIR - $925 inc GST per person return including a board, boom, mast and up to two sails,
Plus a further 10kg of personal baggage.

PH: 6563 2399 OR 6563 2400
E: pandanuslhi@clearmail.com.au
Check www.seabreeze.au for regular info updates.

Willaus0001
QLD, 333 posts
2 Mar 2009 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

hey mate,

I am keen to lock in this year. will probably look to head over with family, so 5 all up? what is the go with the rental gear - i.e how much?

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Will

shark
WA, 361 posts
3 Mar 2009 1:34AM
Thumbs Up

what is to offer at Lord Howe in terms of windsurfing?

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
3 Mar 2009 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Will, I have pmed you.
Of the accomm I have organised as per the first post: I only have a 1 bdrm flat available for the first week, and a bed available for the whole 2 weeks.
Looks like it's going to be crowded on the water this winter at Lord Howe!

Shark, Lord Howe has an awesome lagoon facing west which is a fantastic place for B&J, flatwater blasting/speeding.There are a few as yet unchartered wave spots, but predominately good for slalom, B&J. During the months of July & August the island gets a lot of action from the lows which sweep up from down south. The water is crystal clear and not too cold. Steamer(3/2) is needed, temp between 18-20 deg. the island is very picturesque and has great snorkelling, diving, fishing and walking. The good thing is, this period is the low time, so what is normally an expensive holiday is quite reasonable for those that like the howling wind!
If you do a search on seabreeze from the last Lord Howe winter Windsurf trip 08 you will see a little blog I did with the day to day conditions and a few photos.
Hope that answered your question, otherwise pm me and i can give a few more details if you're interested. Tim

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
3 Mar 2009 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry, just to clarify.... there is plenty of other accomm available on the island for this period. So, anybody who is interested in coming for these 2 weeks can come- the more the merrier.
Contact me and i can look into organising alternative arrangements.
I only organised accomm for 12... it seems there is more interest out there.

Ellobuddha
NSW, 614 posts
4 Mar 2009 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

LordHowe,

Whats the go with rental gear? Type, range and price - if you can assist.

Cheers,
eb

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
4 Mar 2009 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, rental/demo fleet will be roughly this with hopefully some 2010 gear as well. This will be the minimum we will have:
JP FSW - 77, 84, 92, 93(07)
JP supersport - 100, & a 118 or similar style slalom board
sails:
Firefly 5.7, 6.1
Fly 4.8,5.1,4.8
Helium 7.5, 8.5
Hellcat 7.2
Alpha 4.7
Combat 4.2
plus my personal quiver ie whatever I'm not using you can use:
JP 84 FSW 08 pro, 77 Fanatic FW 07, JP Supersport 91 Pro 09, JP Supersport 109 Pro 08,
Lord Howe Aquatic Club - 140L Funride 09, 09 6.4 excess.
This will all be available for between $150-$200 per week on a 'rotational use basis' ie you don't have it for the whole time. Everybody swaps around and tries different things. Also if you are just having a go on things, there will be no charge, however if you don't bring a board and are relying on the above gear to sail, charges will apply.
If you want to have a specific piece of gear for the whole time, you're looking at around $400.
This 'fleet' is designed so people can try different things and have a change up or a change down from their main board which they bring.
As i said, if you did want a specific bit of gear for the whole time, that could be arranged but for $400 p/week.
If you elect to bring your own gear, as the initial post says, for $250 return it's on the island.
Hope this clears things up.

lotofwind
NSW, 5083 posts
4 Mar 2009 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

dare I ask,,but here I go anyway,,,,whats lord howe like for kiteing????
Im asking seriously,and dont panic,Im not planning on comming at the same time.
Have always wondered about the place as a winter retreat.

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
4 Mar 2009 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

lotofwind - lordhowe is good for kiting in the winter if you're up to handling up to 35K on your kite. The only thing you have to watch out for is the plane arrival times so you're not near the approach while aircraft are landing.
Hausey has kited over here a few times and he says it is great, he discovered a perfect little wave to be had down the south end of the lagoon. If you're interested you should pm him because he will be able to talk kiting alot better than i can!

Ellobuddha
NSW, 614 posts
5 Mar 2009 1:06AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info Lord Howe. Looks like a good time. Have to do some sums.

Roar
NSW, 470 posts
5 Mar 2009 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

I had a read thru last years blog of the trip and damn it looked a lot of fun.

Will need to run it past the other half.
Are any others planning to take partners who dont sail and if so is there enuf to keep em occupied while you sail ? :)

Craig

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
5 Mar 2009 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

There are a number of partners coming, of both the sailing and non sailing type!
There are fantastic walks to do whatever the weather, kayaking, snorkeling(if it's blowing on the lagoon, the other side of the island is sheltered, so you can go to Neds beach and snorkel coral & amazing fish straight off the beach). hang around and read a book, go on bike rides, fish for garfish or bigger if you're into that sort of thing. I really do feel like the press officer for Lord Howe now....

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Latest Lord Howe Island Trip 2009 info" started by lordhowe