Forums > Windsurfing General

Maui vannage

Created by laff77 > 9 months ago, 24 Sep 2010
laff77
NSW, 272 posts
24 Sep 2010 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

My fiance and I are going to be kicking off our honeymoon in Maui next month (yes I am a lucky man)

Last time I went, I rented a bombed out Subaru from the guy who was renting me a room in his house. This time I don't have it that easy and am trying to get my hands on a suitable windsurfing wagon. I have found a place on the web called Al West's Maui vans. I sent them an email of inquiry the other day, but have not heard a peep back. I am wondering if the business is still in existence at all... Has anyone used this company, or can anyone please recommend a cheap place that I can rent a suitable vehicle for windsurfing. Ideally I would prefer a van or wagaon, that I can lock up my gear inside.

Thanks

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
24 Sep 2010 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

laff77 said...

My fiance and I are going to be kicking off our honeymoon in Maui next month (yes I am a lucky man)

Last time I went, I rented a bombed out Subaru from the guy who was renting me a room in his house. This time I don't have it that easy and am trying to get my hands on a suitable windsurfing wagon. I have found a place on the web called Al West's Maui vans. I sent them an email of inquiry the other day, but have not heard a peep back. I am wondering if the business is still in existence at all... Has anyone used this company, or can anyone please recommend a cheap place that I can rent a suitable vehicle for windsurfing. Ideally I would prefer a van or wagaon, that I can lock up my gear inside.

Thanks

Call Bobby or Nick at Aloha Van Hire, its the same place as Al Wests, they will hook you up with a subaru or a windstar for about $199 a week, it'll be an older car / van, but it works and is super practical, they will also set you up with chairs, esky, sand mats, boogy boards and roof racks and straps...

Used them three years running, never an issue!

808 8774477

mr bagus
WA, 85 posts
25 Sep 2010 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Used Al West a few times and they are great. Hope they are still going.....keep trying!

laff77
NSW, 272 posts
27 Sep 2010 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Guys. Much appreciated, I will try suggestions and see how I get on.

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
27 Sep 2010 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Jon, congrats on both.

If you want cheap then go to 'word of mouth' they buy all the ex hire cars and they're cheap, less than half the price of the mainstream renters when you take into account all the taxes and insurances you get slugged for.

They have small wagons which are good enough to lug gear for two. We rented a fleet of these during our last Maui trip, they're all reliable if not a bit rough. If you book ahead they'll pick you up at the airport.

timford
NSW, 510 posts
28 Sep 2010 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

I pay the extra and get a E150 from the Aloha Van guys!! I love it, heaps of room and the comfort of the captains chair is superb!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Maui vannage" started by laff77