Forums > Windsurfing General

North carbon boom 150-200 replacing front end

Created by bowsa A week ago, 8 Sep 2019
bowsa
QLD, 546 posts
8 Sep 2019 5:55AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys
i have a 150-200 north platinum boom (circa 2011) which is still going strong but the head is showing signs of a few cracks in the plastic. Just wondering if anyone know if the likes of chinook or Goya front ends would fit a north boom? I can easily remove the current head and it has a non curved section at the front - do all booms have this or are some carbon booms curved? Asking as I can find chinook and Goya replacements online but not north
cheers

PS - will add a pic when I get a chance

AUS4
NSW, 1035 posts
8 Sep 2019 7:21AM
Thumbs Up

Ask Simon at Board Crazy to order you a North one. They are available.

Roy
VIC, 90 posts
8 Sep 2019 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Why not try the Duotone spare parts site: shop.duotonesports.com/en-gb/home_windsurfing.

Unfortunately, it advertises only spare parts for 2019 models but these may work better than changing brands. Perhaps you could email them to see if they have the right part for your 2011 boom.

AUS4
NSW, 1035 posts
8 Sep 2019 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Roy said..
Why not try the Duotone spare parts site: shop.duotonesports.com/en-gb/home_windsurfing.

Unfortunately, it advertises only spare parts for 2019 models but these may work better than changing brands. Perhaps you could email them to see if they have the right part for your 2011 boom.

The Duotone front end won't fit a North boom.

bowsa
QLD, 546 posts
8 Sep 2019 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Cheers yeah will give Simon a call
but as standard do non-matching booms heads tend to fit other booms?

Mark _australia
WA, 19467 posts
8 Sep 2019 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

I think as a rule yes they tend to, there would almost certainly be something else that fits especially as you can play with the plastic shim thickness

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"North carbon boom 150-200 replacing front end" started by bowsa